JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Carrier won't send unlock code NOTE 20 5G

(Topic created: 01-30-2022 01:55 PM)
Sandnote
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Spectrum is the Carrier I actually know the ins and outs being a former employee in sales. Let me be clear I loved it and separated on great terms but I have fallen to the customer no service pit that most people rage about.
I had purchased IN FULL no contract about 2 years ago the note 20 5g. 
I had recently purchased the flip3 5g "unlocked" and obviously switched over my Sim awesome works great.

Topic is I have made 2 calls over 4 days and have yet to receive an unlock code for the note 20 5g. 1st call need to reinsert Sim system doesn't see a note 20 8n your account.... then suggested I port , uh no I'm keeping spectrum service just not the note 20 5g.
Well I did the Sim swap back made the call got a totally different response 24 to 48 hours (my note 20 that now shows in their system)
I will receive an unlock code. Might I ad I had to explain again that I was keeping the service. It has been 3 days at least since that call no email and every time I cal I'm on hold.
Is there anything that can be done or a way to get an unlock code.
FYI I'm the original owner of the note 20 as I was the s9+ previously and currently my flip 3 5 g and watch4 classic.
(Yeah I'm a fan)
Any help would be appreciated. 
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Sandnote Unfortunately the only way to get the unlock code for a carrier locked device is to get it from that carrier. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Sandnote Unfortunately the only way to get the unlock code for a carrier locked device is to get it from that carrier. 

Sandnote
Asteroid
Options
Note20
Ok follow up. Apparently the golden rule for when I was a sales rep also applies to being a customer.
If there isn't a solution provided by the 1st call wait and call back to get a new person to ask if that one doesn'tmention let me check the notes or something to the effect of checking the work the previous support person.Of course the 3rd customer service rep was fully legit in her position. Never putme on hold to ask a supervisor or to do her research on my complaint.
She was awesome as it were there wasn't a request in the system to unlock my phone. I really thought I was stuck but this rep put in for it and tech sent me , not just 1 but 2 codes with full instructions the following day.

FYI if the person who is receiving your old device doesn't have a 5g phone the non 5g Sim won't allow the new 5g device work.
0 Likes
WILLYCHILLY
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Spectrum won't send me a unlock code for my Galaxy A21
0 Likes
Sandnote
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The device needs to be bought outright.
If its on a payment plan they won't till its paid off then you request unlock again.
I've been out of the "loop" for a while but I think they still advertise no contract.
Check back with the carrier for the details as to why.
0 Likes
WILLYCHILLY
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Any idea how to bypass this?
0 Likes