JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flickering screen on Note 20 ultra

(Topic created: 08-30-2020 10:41 PM)
Kellz23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I upgraded my phone about 10 days ago. I noticed that when I am searching in Google, the screen starts to flicker and the search bar is scrolling down when I am scanning the feed. How can I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dragonchi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@Kellz23 have you attempted to back up your device using Smart Switch and then doing a Factory Reset and verifying if there's an update? Sometimes the factory reset can help with rectifying any possible firmware issues that may be happening to your device. If your device also may have encountered an impact on a hard surface, this may cause the digitizer to have become damaged. Other than that, I would recommend using Smart Switch to back up your device, check for updates and then do a fairy reset. After resetting your device and doing a partial setup, check for the flickering screen and issue with Google search. if nothing, fully restore your device with Smart Switch. If you continue with the flickering, I'd contact either your provider with your warranty replacement or contact Samsung directly for technical support. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ 

View solution in context

10 Replies
Solution
Dragonchi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20

@Kellz23 have you attempted to back up your device using Smart Switch and then doing a Factory Reset and verifying if there's an update? Sometimes the factory reset can help with rectifying any possible firmware issues that may be happening to your device. If your device also may have encountered an impact on a hard surface, this may cause the digitizer to have become damaged. Other than that, I would recommend using Smart Switch to back up your device, check for updates and then do a fairy reset. After resetting your device and doing a partial setup, check for the flickering screen and issue with Google search. if nothing, fully restore your device with Smart Switch. If you continue with the flickering, I'd contact either your provider with your warranty replacement or contact Samsung directly for technical support. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ 

Kellz23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
I think I will do this. I checked to see if I missed an update, but I had one the other day. Hopefully the factory reset solves it- thank you!
Plastik
Constellation
Options
Note20
There are currently issues with the Google app. Try using samsung internet for Google searches.
0 Likes
Kellz23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Thanks, I will try that.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

uninstall Android System WebView from Settings -> Apps

0 Likes
Dragonchi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
you can't uninstall Android System WebView you can only disable it. Where are you seeing the option to uninstall and what device do you have?
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

yes you can, well it's not going to be gone from the apps but 

settings -> apps -> search for Android Ssytem WebView -> scroll down to App details in store -> uninstall

0 Likes
Dragonchi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
@User_name not sure what model device you have and what version of Andros you're running, but on the Note20 and Note20 Ultra, you aren't able to uninstall this application, but your are able to disable it. I wish we were able to add screen shots to these message boards, it could help with better details of information given. You are able to go into your Play Store, look up the name and uninstall from there. But being this is the operating system (OS) that allows Android apps to display content from the web directly inside an application, it may not be a great recommendation. But, my phone, your phone. We have the freedom to do what we choose on our devices.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Note20

sorry, i meant to say uninstall the current version so it can go to the lower version. when you uninstall from play store it will go down to the previous version, which has no flickering. 

0 Likes