JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra 5G black screen

(Topic created: 04-08-2021 02:40 PM)
user7hXQXgupNS
Constellation
Options
Note20
Hello. My Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G screen suddenly turned black completely. It was working fine before. I have it in my pocket. I've been restarting the phone. I can feel it vibrating, I can hear it but I can't see nothing. The phone is in pretty good conditions, never been drop or in contact with any liquid including water, nothing. I bought it in Agust last year. It is terrible that this happened to a such a high end and expensive Flaship. If anyone knows something that I can do to fix it, please let me know. I hope samsung do something about this. 
6 Replies
Nash-837
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Hello user7hXQXgupNS,

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, but from what you described, it sounds like there's a possible issue with the screen and it needs to be looked at and sent in for repairs. You can reach out to one of our MODERATORS here, or contact 1800SAMSUNG for further assistance. 

0 Likes
Shailendra_Singh
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I'm facing exactly same issue. first time my handset screen with battery was replaced under warranty and now facing the same problem again within 3 weeks.

user7hXQXgupNS
Constellation
Options
Note20
What?? OMG! Don't tell me that, I just got it replaced today in a UBreakiFix facility, they work with Samsung Care. The phone seems to be fine. I Hope I won't be facing the same problem again. It is so bad to have a Flagship this expensive having this type of issues. I've never wanted to have a repaired phone. Next time I will demand a brand new phone.
0 Likes
Eddie11
Astronaut
Options
Note20
The issue is caused by the new update to 3.1. I had the same issue. Hard resets did not work. What ultimately fixed it was plugging the phone to my PC and, assuring that my PC picked it via USB connect, and leaving it there for about 20 minutes. Then, after 20 minutes, continously disconnecting and connecting the USB cable, ensuring each time that it was connecting and disconnecting via the prompts on my PC and phone vibration or sound.

The issue is caused by the camera update. The camera update was to suppose to ensure better focus and snappier response. However, if you open the camera by error in your pocket, or as you pick up the phone to use it, the phone crashes and the software can no longer display an image. The accidental launch of the camera is caused by pressing the side key assigned to the "Quick Launch" for the camera.

Further research and testing that I did also showed that the Always On Displayed was unstable after the OneUI 3.1 Update. In particular if you are running an animation with AOD.

The only thing I would like to know is if it's isolated to the AT&T Rom, or have others with different carriers experienced the same glitch/bug. What carrier are you guys on?
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out. If your phone or tablet displays only a black screen, there are a few things you can check to determine the cause of the problem. For example, your device's battery might be dead, or maybe it just needs to be reset.

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001470/ 

I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.