JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Single Tap to Swipe/Answer Calls

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 05:51 PM)
Skillzo1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Im comming from the s10 plus where i used tap to swipe to answer calls.  It allows you to answer your phone without sliding the answer button across the bottom of the screen.  I use this because it makes answering the phone much easier.  The phones are getting bigger so tapping to me is much better.

I got it to work now on the note 20… .but there is 1 problem.  I cant get rid of the assistant menu on the screen.  I want it gone completly like i had on the s10 plus.   I can hide it on the edge panel but its def still noticable and gets in the way.  Why cant we just get rid of it entirely?   Its such a great thing to be able to tap to swipe so why tie it into a menu that you cant get rid of.  Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the assistant menu completly?????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user3JD5aX3fMD
Astronaut
Options
Note20

How to enable Single Tap to Answer:

1. Go to: Settings

2. Go to: Accessibility.

3. Select: Interaction and dexterity.

4. Turn on Assistant menu and then tap the text to see detailed options.

5. Find single tap to swipe and turn it on.  The assistant menu will be enabled as a side effect which floats on screen and unfortunately you will have to suffer that to keep the feature.

When a call is incoming simply tap the icon to answer and the call will pickup. To end the call tap again and you will end the call.

View solution in context

3 Replies
useriwpuGd7vW9
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I can't get my brand new Note 20 to answer the phone. I tap tap tap on the green phone and no answer. I see the red phone and green phone. At my age, it's killing my arthritis in my pointer finger. It's unreal! Any suggestions on how to answer the incoming calls? 

user3JD5aX3fMD
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Samsung in their deluded understanding what their users actually like has now made the extremely handy  'single tap to answer' fuction available ONLY if you are prepared to keep that annoying  'assistant menu icon' on screen; you cant hide it anymore.....how insane? Whoever wrote that into the latest software needs sacking ASAP because the 'assistant menu icon' permanently on screen is enough to put you off continuing down the android route.........

@useriwpuGd7vW9 wrote:

I can't get my brand new Note 20 to answer the phone. I tap tap tap on the green phone and no answer. I see the red phone and green phone. At my age, it's killing my arthritis in my pointer finger. It's unreal! Any suggestions on how to answer the incoming calls? 

Solution
user3JD5aX3fMD
Astronaut
Options
Note20

How to enable Single Tap to Answer:

1. Go to: Settings

2. Go to: Accessibility.

3. Select: Interaction and dexterity.

4. Turn on Assistant menu and then tap the text to see detailed options.

5. Find single tap to swipe and turn it on.  The assistant menu will be enabled as a side effect which floats on screen and unfortunately you will have to suffer that to keep the feature.

When a call is incoming simply tap the icon to answer and the call will pickup. To end the call tap again and you will end the call.