JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Status bar overlap after security update on Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created: 12-15-2022 01:22 PM)
SebbyLostHisCrown
Astronaut
Options
Note20

My status bar sometimes does this ever since the December 1st security update on my Note 20 Ultra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly see how confusing the overlap on your status bar can be, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode to see if you are still experiencing these symptoms: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Are you using any themes or third party launchers on your device? If you are using a theme, I would recommend going back to the default theme to see if you still experience these symptoms.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly see how confusing the overlap on your status bar can be, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode to see if you are still experiencing these symptoms: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Are you using any themes or third party launchers on your device? If you are using a theme, I would recommend going back to the default theme to see if you still experience these symptoms.

SebbyLostHisCrown
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Removing the theme fixed my problem! Thank you so much
0 Likes