cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 8 not charging with wired charger

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The phone is currently only charging wirelessly and with a power bank. Any wired charger is not charging the phone. When the same wired charger is plugged into an S9+ it works. Any suggestions?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 8 not charging with wired charger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh we see, if this is the case then I have some bad news. Repairs are recommended for the phone, however, US devices can only be repaired in the US. Do you happen to have a friend or family member stateside that you can ship the phone to? If so, we can set up the repairs using their address and once completed, they can send the phone back to you. If you're interested, or want more details, please send us a private message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this a Samsung charger that you are using?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yes. the charger that came with the phone. it is working on my s9+ though
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried to charge the device while it is in safe mode?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
First thing I tried. this did not work. it is only charging wirelessly or through the use of a power bank if wired
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Model Code: SM-N950U1 Baseband version: N950U1UES5CRH7 Carrier information: Unlocked- currently being used in Trinidad and Tobago
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this info! As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so here: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
please note this was purchased in the US at Best buy in Alaska. it is unlocked.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh we see, if this is the case then I have some bad news. Repairs are recommended for the phone, however, US devices can only be repaired in the US. Do you happen to have a friend or family member stateside that you can ship the phone to? If so, we can set up the repairs using their address and once completed, they can send the phone back to you. If you're interested, or want more details, please send us a private message here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post