JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure folder no longer available?

(Topic created: 11-01-2021 07:17 AM)
userGBla0w2KJd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just started using this A12 phone and I can't find the Secure Folder option in settings anywhere. All guides I looked up on the internet show Settings UIs that look nothing like mine — some categories are separated in 3 different others. I really liked that app and the similar apps in the store don't seem to be able to do quite the same things, on top of not looking trustworthy either...

How can I get Samsung's Secure Folder app back?

7 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I found secure folder settings under settings->biometrics and security
userX0xNzV0Cs2
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do you mean the A12?
0 Likes
userGBla0w2KJd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Actually yes, sorry. I accidentally mistook the letters when typing the post.

0 Likes
userX0xNzV0Cs2
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Here's what mine shows not sure either yours is the same interface Screenshot_20211101-080530_Settings_2396.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
At Home screen, just swipe up for "app search" at top ... type "secure" and it should show up
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello! Secure folder is available on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Z Flip, Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Fold, Note9, S9, S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7 edge, S6 edge+, S6 edge and S6.

It is not available on the A12. You can find more information here: Link

BobbyCarra
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
To improve security secure folder data should not be backed up in the cloud hence one of the reasons the feature was removed. If you need to save the data you can do so on another device, preferably encrypted if you feel the data is sensitive enough to warrant extra protection.
0 Likes