JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App Uniforms Idea (Feature Request)

(Topic created: 07-30-2023 05:30 PM)
Jetster
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Occasionally I make accidents like all people do, but the solutions are a bit harder to get used to for somethings, that's where the dev's at Samsung come in. I'll list my concerns along with some solutions below.

• Communication Apps and their notifications. This is a simple thing but it's just hard to get used to. So WhatsApp text notifications have a button layout of: reply, mark as read, & mute (from left to right). This gets a bit annoying when every other messaging app has a button layout of: mark as read & reply (from left to right). I understand that there are few things that Samsung can't really interfere with but message button customization would be nice (if possible).
  • Overall App Image Customization. Since the latest ONE UI software & ui update, the number of apps that support color themes and the color pallet have not increased over the years. I understand that the default samsung apps support this but other apps like Xbox, Apple Music, and even Google Classroom which is made by Google and Google is trying to push app image customization for more developers to use. So if there's any way for all app images to be fully customized in the future I will be all for it. If the next ONE UI update could include a color recognition program or AI to help force app images to be a certain color for the user then that would be great.
  • Dark Mode for all apps. As a "night user" I tend to be on the phone in dark areas where bright lights can be distracting. I really like the dark mode feature on Samsung Internet and if a similar feature could be enabled and optional for all apps then that would be great. I understand that forcing apps to be in dark mode may not be visually appealing so this may be a feature on beta for a while. Some images may look better with curved corners if the images are square, but cropped png's may look better with a white outline.
I understand that this is quite a lot to ask, but it's something to think of if the dev's at samsung want something more or feel the need for more unique features on the next update. I also understand if these requests can't be fulfilled due to legal reasons. I appreciate you for reading all down here, I hope you have a good day/ night wherever you are.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
I would definitely like all of your suggestions to be implemented, but the notification button layout is not possible. That is 100% determined by the creators of the app and is not, technically , a part of Samsung's UI. Samsung UI can control how the notification "bubble" appears to some degree, but the button layout is coded into the app and Samsung can't change someone else's app without agreement from that developer. Unless it's an open source app, their code would be proprietary. And they likely couldn't even strong arm the Whatsapp dev into changing it, since the app is made by Meta(formerly Facebook). Samsung Internet is able to force dark mode on most webpages because they aren't apps on the device.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Every one of these is something that Samsung can't control. The notification button layout for Whatsapp is determined by the people who make that app.

3rd party apps have to make their app compatible with theming

3rd party app developers have to add a dark mode to their app. There is a force dark mode in developer options but it won't look great on apps that don't support dark mode
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
Unfortunately that's the case however if they want to have the best ui for Android they're going to need a little more control. I knew this when I was making this post.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
But it's control that it's not possible for them to have. Their devices run Android, and this is how Android works. They can't force the 3rd party developers to adopt certain features, and they can't take over their apps from them and develop it themselves. If a developer wants to put the notification buttons in a certain order for example, Samsung does not, and can not, have control over that.
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
They can go to Google and ask, or they can force dark mode onto the apps just like Samsung Internet. The dark mode I agree is a bit unfeasible but the notification button layout for apps is possible, because it's Samsung's ui. However I do understand that they don't have full control, that's why I posted this (so feedback like this can be requested to Google). I appreciate your reasoning.
0 Likes
Solution
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
I would definitely like all of your suggestions to be implemented, but the notification button layout is not possible. That is 100% determined by the creators of the app and is not, technically , a part of Samsung's UI. Samsung UI can control how the notification "bubble" appears to some degree, but the button layout is coded into the app and Samsung can't change someone else's app without agreement from that developer. Unless it's an open source app, their code would be proprietary. And they likely couldn't even strong arm the Whatsapp dev into changing it, since the app is made by Meta(formerly Facebook). Samsung Internet is able to force dark mode on most webpages because they aren't apps on the device.
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
I guess it's just a dream then lol. I knew you were right. Sorry I dragged you into this. It'd be nice though.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
No need for any apology. I hope I didn't give any offense. Just a healthy discussion. Have a great day!
Jetster
Comet
Options
Yea you too
0 Likes