Original topic:

Get only VIP notifications from Email app

(Topic created: 09-09-2024 12:53 PM)
jimcnelis
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm using the Samsung email app and I have notifications turned on, and they are working. I also have VIP notifications turned on and I have several different email addresses labeled as "VIP".

What I'm wondering is can I set the email app to only notify me for new emails from VIP addresses? In other words if a new email comes in from a non-VIP address, I don't want to get a notification. I only want notifications for new emails from VIP addresses.

Is this possible?

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

I don't use the Samsung mail app (don't even have it on my phone), but for the other mail apps that I use and checked, the only option seems to be to allow notifications from all or selected email accounts (if you have multiple accounts configured).  There does not seem to be a way to single out emails from priority senders.  I acknowledge it may be different in Samsung mail, but if you haven't found it in the settings yet, I doubt it's there.  Do you have notification categories turned on? The setting, if it's there, may be buried deep inside the in app settings.  I just discovered by going to the settings in my primary email reader, each account has a setting where I can get priority notifications, but since I have notifications turned off for mail, I don't know what it entails.

jimcnelis
Asteroid
Options

um... ok???

I too use other email apps and I know how to set those up to get limited notifications. I'm asking specifically about the Samsung email app here.

Rosa98
Asteroid
Options

I'm using the Samsung email app too.  To answer your question, yes, I believe there is a way you can set the samsung email app to notify you when new messages come in from VIP addresses only, as the options seem to be there. You can turn on all new message notifications and put them on silent or turn them off entirely and turn on notifications with sound for new messages coming from VIP.  I wish I knew how to make it work on my phone.

I remember getting notifications for each new incoming email in the beginning. That was too distracting, so I turned off the notifications. I recently discovered VIP notifications. So I turned them on and I setup 3 different email addresses labeled as "VIP". The new messages coming from these 3 email adresses get marked as VIP in red so they stand out in the inbox. I was expecting the VIP notifications to work, but for some reason they don't. 

jimcnelis
Asteroid
Options
Interesting work-around idea,thanks! I will try it out and see if that works. Obviously not the optimal answer but it may be better than nothing. Thanks.
Rosa98
Asteroid
Options

Please see this post for the VIP email notification options  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/VIP-email-notifications/m-p/2923777#M34728

lovebabygirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yes u could just go to your settings n set it also check your email settings to make sure you just got what you want to set to be able to be able to be added like trun on location for Email n I would also check your other Google settings to make sure all your settings are updated
Rosa98
Asteroid
Options

I finally got it to work on my device today after removing and reinstalling the samsung email app. I confirm it can be done. Update: that didn't work for long. All my email notifications stopped working again. 😶

0 Likes