Original topic:

Problem posting on forums

(Topic created: 10-26-2022 01:34 PM)
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi I keep getting the below error when Im trying to post a new topic or reply to a topic. See below in bold. I can post after clicking preview otherwise it posts a blank post....

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Also after posting it adds the below paragraph. 

Opens in new window PDF Download Word Download Excel Download PowerPoint Download Document Download

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.**

8 Replies
Unclekeg
Asteroid
Options

wow 0 replies

this happens to me every time on phone or tablet using chrome

Unclekeg
Asteroid
Options

in fact it just happened here  in order to get this to post I had to remove all punctuation.  Samsung really needs some good software engineers They cant even admin a users forum

Unclekeg
Asteroid
Options

So, I don't think it's the punctuation any more! Look at all of these ;';!'()

I think it has to do with extra carriage returns that are added by default (or at least not intentionally by the user) which in itself is pretty bad.

Unclekeg
Asteroid
Options

So if you have enough carriage returns at the end of your message to where a scroll bar is initiated, it will throw that error.Screenshot 2022-12-10 121103.png

MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options

Same issue smh. I just wanted to submit software feedback for my last Samsung purchase ever in life and I got caught up in the same posting bug. Maybe that’s a sign my post wasn’t even worth it lol.

0 Likes
Jacara81
Astronaut
Options
I starting having the issue today as well
LizMiddleton
Asteroid
Options

I'm having the same problem! I've found that copying and pasting my reply into Word, then copying and pasting back into the browser allows me to submit. I have to select the "paste as plain text" option for pasting both times. Really a stupid issue since the original text had no added html.

0 Likes
Options

We shouldn't have to be trying to figure out about punctuation or carriage returns or pasting back into the box (which I've used, too). Good programming should identify a problem specifically and say something like "your emdash character — is not allowed" [though it and other punctuation, and CRs are perfectly good HTML], and so we've replaced it with "---" or whatever. To say "We changed something, so go back and reread your post to see if we messed something up" is not user-friendly. Samsung can afford to hire competent, non-lazy programmers.

S. R.

0 Likes