Original topic:

Annoying Physical Keyboard Shortcuts

(Topic created: 08-31-2023 07:18 PM)
KuroHunter
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi

I've finally got my hand on the Tab S9 with the cover keyboard. The CPU is fast enough to run a Linux terminal or a local VNC. But these "Keyboard Assistant" shortcuts are driving me nuts and there is no option to disable them!!!!

I've spent the entire day trying to figure out how to remap the Cmd key to something useful without the messages popping up when I press Cmd+R.

Pleaaaaase for the sake of whatever you believe in, get rid of this.

shortcuts.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KuroHunter
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I found out a work around. I used Termux:X11 which has an option to intercept all system shortcuts and send them to desktop environment.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
Tablets

Tip: Look for third-party keyboard remapping apps on the Google Play Store that might offer more customization options for keyboard shortcuts.

KuroHunter
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I've already tried that. None of them captures or remaps those shortcuts properly. I've even created my own Key Character Map app. All I managed to do is to replace the CMD key by another modifier, but you still can not override the shortcut Cmd+R for example.

0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
I wish I could give you good news but it seems like this has been an issue for a couple of years with no fix in sight. I would suggest dropping 1 star reviews on Samsung dex and keyboard app store listings, this will probably be more likely to catch developer attention.
0 Likes
Solution
KuroHunter
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I found out a work around. I used Termux:X11 which has an option to intercept all system shortcuts and send them to desktop environment.