JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 multi issues

(Topic created: 12-28-2020 03:07 PM)
theslackermcfly
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

To begin, I noticed multiple issues on the new Galaxy Tab A7 tablets. 

The first issue for me is Samsung Notes. I am trying to sync it with my Galaxy S20 and when I do, my Tab A7 doesn't show all of my catagories. I am missing several catagories. I can't get it to sync those catagories. I also noticed that some of my notes went into a catagory call uncategorized instead of the catagory it was supposed to and I had to move them and create the proper catagory. Anyone know why and how to fix it? I tried to save the notes and transfer them over as files but when I did my Tab A7 told me the files were corrupt and it couldn't open them up. So Im not sure what going on there.

The next issue is with "my files" app. Where you see all of your files. Im wondering why there isnt a trash option after you delete your files so you can recover them if needed? 

Next issue is certain apps like Samsung pay will not work on the Tab A7! However Google Pay works. Some apps are not even in the Google Play store on the Tab A7 but are on the mobile device. I tried downloading Samsung TV Plus on my Tab A7 but the app isn't in the google play store but I did find it in the play store on my Galaxy S20. I dont wanna use that app on my tiny phone. I want it on my much larger 10.4 in Tab A7!! No reason it cant be on that device!

You would think that Samsung would of made this tablet way better and allow all the functions that are on the Galaxy S phones since the tab A7 pretty much mirrors my Galaxy S20.

I found out that virtual backgrounds on Zoom don't work on the Tab A7 which is weird. It seems like Samsung rushed to get this tablet out and left out things that the Galaxy S series phones have. Dunno if thats a hardware issue or what. But it seems to me that I can play games which take up a lot of resources so they should of been able to mirror the S20's exactly.

Samsung needs to provide its consumers who bought the Tab A7 with an update as to why all these issues and if they are planning on fixing them or what is going on! It's ridiculous to sell a product and have virtually zero support for it as I can't find any kind of support from Samsung or even tech websites that I google.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello, The Tab A7 is currently not compatible with the Samsung TV Plus application. Samsung is currently working on gradually expanding The Samsung TV Plus application for various devices, and we're hoping that with this particular unit, it'll be supported sometime next year. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Lmbooyh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
And you can't move apps to the SD card they provided!
theslackermcfly
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@Lmbooyh wrote:
And you can't move apps to the SD card they provided!

I don't know about that cause I wasnt given a micro sd card. I bought mine from Best Buy. But the Tab A7 seems to have a bunch of issues and worst part is is tbat Samsung isn't addressing these issues and telling users either what to do or that they are working on fixes or anything and I can't find hardly any information on the Tab A7 other than the specs and the usual info on Samsungs website. Anytime I try and Google information about the Tab A7 or my issues, no one has any information even tech websites. The tech websites don't say much and they don't dive into any of the problems that users are experiencing with apps on it or just the tablet in general. And they don't say whether Samsung is addressing the issues or anything. Its really strange. I mean why put out a product that mirrors the Samsung mobile devices, in particular the Galaxy S series and not have everything running properly and allowing everything to work as it does on the mobile device. Its really stupid and extremely frustrating for consumers who bought the Tab A7. 

Lmbooyh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Exactly! I got mine at Costco, great price but think I should return and upgrade
theslackermcfly
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
So the only upgrade I can find would be the Tab S7 but its really expensive. On Amazon the Tab S7+ is like $779 and the Tab S7 is $549. The Tab A7 is apparently a mid range price tablet. I'm still not sure what the difference is in the Tab S series and the Tab A series except for price and I know the Tab S7 can come with 4g & wifi or just wifi. I believe the Tab A7 only comes with wifi. So if ya got the money maybe the S7 is better. I can't really seem to find any comparisons on the Tab A series and the Tab S series other than specifications. Nothing about how it actually works like software and stuff. I did find some stuff saying that Samsung tablets come in budget, mid range and premium. I'm guessing premium is for professionals. Knowing what the Tab A7 is like Im kinda curious what the budget tablets are like. Seems like those would be more like e-books that do limited things. But in any case, the Tab A7 shouldn't have the issues it does but maybe now that I'm researching more, it has the issues it does cause its meant to as its a mid range price tablet and Samsung has no plans to update the tablet as a whole and make it better. Maybe they will just update the system for security issues and that sort of thing. Who knows.

i'm glad other Tab A7 users are responding to my post about these issue and letting me know that I'm not the only one having issues with the A7. I mean for what I originally wanted it for its fine. I doubt if I had the upgrade S7 I'd use it to its full capacity anyways. maybe I would. I don't know. Just happy I have a tablet!
Chiefj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes I too have problems with the TAB A7.  It has the ability to accept up to a 1TB SD card.  I have not found an app that will transfer to the SD card, nor have I found any program that will save data to the SD card.  My S7 Edge will do it. My Note 20 will do it.  The explanation I got from the "Tech" sounded like the OLD sneaker NET.  You write something down on a piece of paper hand it to a runner he runs over to the other office and hands it to him and he types it into his computer.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello, The Tab A7 is currently not compatible with the Samsung TV Plus application. Samsung is currently working on gradually expanding The Samsung TV Plus application for various devices, and we're hoping that with this particular unit, it'll be supported sometime next year. 

0 Likes