JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tablet - Tab A password issues

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 06:54 PM)
Lovelife7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Having issues.... My child got ahold of the tablet and somehow made a password for the Samsung Kids Installer as well as turned on Airplane mode so I have no way of getting back to my homescreen. 

What do I do / how do I unlock this thing, or is this tablet done for? 
I bought this thing about 2 years ago and it's full of info and pictures I need. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You can try this and hopefully it helps 

Put your device into safe mode 

1. Power down the phone by pressing and holding the “Power” button and selecting “Power Off“.
    2. With the device off, press and hold the “Power” key to turn the device on while holding the “Volume Down” button. The device should start in “Safe Mode“. The words “Safe Mode” should be shown in the lower-left corner of the screen once the device starts.
    3. Once in Safe Mode, go to “Settings” > “Applications” > “Manage Applications“.
    4. Choose “Kids Mode” from the list of apps, then select “Uninstall“. Select “Done” once the uninstall is complete.
    5. Press and hold the “Power” button, then choose “Restart“, and your phone should restart normally and will be removed from Kids Mode.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
Lovelife7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you so much!!! Safe mode worked!!! You're my hero!!!
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Happy I was able to help if you could please mark the post as solved so others will see the answer if your on mobile you click the 3 dots in the post 

And Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Customer 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.