Original topic:

Fold 6 rumors and feedback!

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 11:54 AM)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung might be finally making an wider outer screen , YAY. 

I want the top 3 cameras that will be in the S24 U, then it will be perfect!
42 Replies
JTFold4
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I want the S Pen in the phone, but I'll take that improvement for now. Just give us a wider screen, Samsung.
0 Likes
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've been seeing a lot of information being posted lately on YouTube about the upcoming ZFOLD6 and for the most part it all looks great with one exception. I really hope Samsung is going to include S Pen support for the outer screen. I can live with the fact that the S Pen won't have a slot in the phone since they are trying to make it thinner. I've grown to like the Samsung case with the S Pen built in. What I really want is to use the S Pen on both screens. That's what it's for after all. It should also come with an S Pen and not be a separate purchase. Last year the only thing that got "lost" during shipping was my S Pen. 
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Mohican69 I agree with you there. I think their logic might be that an S-Pen, as a creators' tool, only makes sense on a larger screen, but I'm sure a lot of people like to generally use their phone with a stylus. I do. So I'm really hoping for the external screen support.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

0 Likes
gazzo
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Anyone else had a hard time initially with the width of the zfold when closed? At first it drove me crazy! Now I couldn't imagine dealing with the S24 Ultra. Having a one-handed form factor on the go, a mini tablet for media consumption and Dex on my UWHD monitor for productivity is so perfect! If the rumors are true and the zfold 6 gets an integrated s-pen and it will be the perfect device.

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Very unlikely that it'll get an integrated S pen. It's supposed to be thinner, so there's no way a pen will fit inside.
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This, 100%. Let's not forget guys, Samsung is a business at the end of the day and businesses need to maximize profits before giving consumers what they're actually requesting. If they made the z-fold 6 basically a folding S24 Ultra, they would be rendering their flagship s series phone completely useless and sales would plummet due to competing with their own phone. The fold is not getting an integrated s pen anytime soon nor will it get the full camera capabilities of the s series. It's just not going to happen, Samsung is much too smart to compete with theirselves. The fold will always have last year's cameras and while S-Pen support may improve, and integrated s pen is still something I don't see in the cards especially on this year's fold, it's too soon. I have no proof for anything I'm claiming, it's just my experience of being a Samsung consumer of all products for many many many years. They try to give what the consumer wants but will absolutely not introduced competition to their own products in order to give us what we're asking for. That would be a quick way to start on the road to bankruptcy. It's not even a matter of fitment of the s pen as if you watch any tear down video of the S22, S23 or S24 Ultra You will see the whole S-Pen system takes very very little space and Samsung easily fits it in the form factor of an S22 Ultra which has less room than the S24 Ultra. They can absolutely put the s pen inside of a fold, they just won't for business reasons. They would have to be insane to give the fold 6 S24 Ultra cameras and integrated s pen. The fold is and likely always will be a media consumption device, The flip will always be a budget entry into the premium folding market and the s series will always be the productivity and flagship phone with the best all around hardware that Samsung can produce at that time. It's just the way it's always been and there's no reason to change a formula that has now got them back to being the number one phone manufacturer in the world taking the position back from Apple and iPhone just recently.
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'd be happy as long as the S Pen works on both the outer and inner screens. I can live with buying a case that has an integrated S Pen slot or holder. I use it for everything and not being able to use it for the outer screen is my biggest complaint. Otherwise I think it's the perfect device for my use case.
NicoNi4Lyfe
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I still have trouble texting on the outer screen but also have big hands......Def convenient for one handed usage tho šŸ‘
0 Likes
DannyG91
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The Xiaomi Mix Fold 3 has a great outside screen size of over 7 inches and Samsung still makes little screens. Why is Samsung lagging behind so much in terms of specs? Samsung really needs to get it together. The Z Fold should have a 7 inch outer screen (doubled inside of course), the camera set up of the 23 Ultra and the S Pen should have been already embedded into the phone by now. But no, Samsung refuses to do the right stuff. 
0 Likes