Original topic:

Fold 6 rumors and feedback!

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 11:54 AM)
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung might be finally making an wider outer screen , YAY. 

I want the top 3 cameras that will be in the S24 U, then it will be perfect!
49 Replies
Golden Stylus
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi, 

I have been very interested in foldable phones for quite some time now and almost bought a Fold 5. I have always disliked typing on touchscreens, but since I made the switch to a Galaxy Note 9 a couple of years ago I've really started enjoying using the S-Pen for every possible command on my device, especially for swype-writing. The obvious reason for why I didn't buy the Fold 5 was its unresponsiveness towards the s-pen with regards to the outside display, eventhough the nice slim screen would have benefited from S-Pen support in particular. The other thing was the fact that it comes without headphone jack (which for me was the reason opting for the Note 9 rather than die the Note 20 few years back). I wonder if it is known weither the next Samsung foldable phone is intented to have S-Pen support for the outside screen. I'd even be ready to abstain from the need for a headphone jack if only this one feature is going to be added.

GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No one knows exactly what the Fold 6 will have at the moment

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Golden Stylus
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Actually I prefer a narrower outside screen, just as with the Fold 5. It's so comfortable! Just add S-Pen compatibility with the outer screen, and it would be such an amazing device! (And with 3,5 mm headphone jack it would be almost perfect. Give it a removable battery and one could call it the perfect device!)

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I do prefer a narrower screen for pocketability but wouldn't mind a "silly little milimeter" or two (if you were around in the 60's you recognize that reference) as long as it still fits comfortably in a shirt pocket. 

I don't think I would upgrade from my Fold 5 if the specs, especially camera, we're virtually unchanged. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Has there been any info on the flip 6 yet? Is it just going to be camera and resolution upgrades? I am trying to plan out if I need to set money aside for this or skip it. 

I am hoping for more features like s pen compatibility, or DEX. MST even, I can't use Samsung Pay where I live. 

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I would say put the money aside just in case but I don't think it's gonna be that much greater than the 5... I have the 4 so it's gonna be a big leap for me but post update and galaxy AI on the Flip5 it doesn't seem like much change can be had on the flip6... And forget about a s-pen on the flip... where is it gonna go? Fold for sure but s-pen and the flip just doesn't match... good luck and I'd say update your phone and wait another year for the flip 7...
0 Likes
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks! I just want compatibility with s pen, not a pen in the phone. I can carry a pen in my pocket, but there are no other thin tipped styluses on the market with near as good a reaction time for actually taking notes.

If youre right about the updates I may wait for the flip 7 like you said. I dont need to update. And if i cant write on it or use other unique to samsung features besides the form factor my current flip works fine.
0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
They dropped mst years ago, I believe normal note 20 was the last to support it phone wise and the Gear branding of watches were the last to support it as well
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I know they got rid of it, but plenty of stores have not and don't plan to upgrade their card readers, so samsung pay is effectively useless without it in a number of places. It was the selling point of Samsung Pay over Google or Apple Pay so I dont think its unreasonable to hope it may return.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Samsung bought the technology and then killed it.  MST is dead and not coming back.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes