JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio not working and Samsung Notes file showing random zeros.

(Topic created: 06-15-2022 02:51 AM)
candydays
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

This just randomly showed up. Accompanied with the mute audio

I fell asleep watching a video. And woke up and the audio wasn't working. It would work for a second then completely cut off. Then I opened samsung notes and found this random text in one of my files. Why did this happen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your audio not working and a random note popping up on your device. I would be happy to look into this further for you. What app were you watch a video on when you started to experience these issues?

I would recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Next step would be wiping the cache partition on your A52. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:  

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys..
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your audio not working and a random note popping up on your device. I would be happy to look into this further for you. What app were you watch a video on when you started to experience these issues?

I would recommend testing your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Next step would be wiping the cache partition on your A52. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:  

• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power
• When the Android logo displays, release both keys..
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.

candydays
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My audio returned after a simple restart, but I am still concerned on how those random zeros and dots showed up in one of my existing smasung note files.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Submit an error report when this happens again
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports