JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Never option is not available for screen timeout

(Topic created: 02-18-2024 01:05 PM)
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

So I have a A15 galaxy and I noticed that the screen timeout doesn't have the option to set it to never. The maximum I can set it to is 10 mins. Maybe there should be an update to maybe add that option?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Actually, i have the A54, but that shouldnt change the fact that screen recorder should be available. You didn't find it in the hidden icons either?
il0v3myb0ng
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
yeah, i couldnt find it anywhere. I really am surprised that it doesnt have any screen recorder option.
realaud
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The only place access to screen recorder exists is on the quick panel.  When I do a search in my phone settings for "screen record", the only thing that comes up is the setting for where to store the recordings.  

I believe the function of screen record is either part of Android or OneUI, and not model specific.  I have not examined every phone out there, but I believe they all have the screen record feature.  

I suppose if you do a search for "screen record" in your phone settings, it will take to you to the area I landed with the settings for it.  If it comes up with nothing, then maybe it does not exist on your phone. If it comes up with the settings, you are just not seeing the icon in the quick panel.  You can always try putting in an error report with Samsung. They seem to respond to those. 

To make an error report, go to your phone settings > about phone and scroll all the way to the bottom where there will be a box that says "looking for something else" and then select contact us.  There is a link for error reports.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns on the screen recording feature and I will be more than happy to assist. 

The Screen recorder feature is available on phones and tablets with One UI 2 or later, you can also capture funny memes, your epic gameplay, reaction videos, or show a loved one how to do something on their phone. Screen recorder will not record phone, VOIP calls, or video calls. Additionally, some apps may block the screen recorder feature due to copyright restrictions. Availability of some features will vary by model and software version.

Screen recorder is available on the Tab S6, Tab S7, Tab S8, Tab S9, Tab A8, Tab A9+, Galaxy S10, S20, S21, S22, S23, Note 10, Note 20, Z Fold, and Z Flip models. The Galaxy A25 5G, A54 5G, A53 5G, A52 5G, and A32 5G also support Screen recorder.