JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notebook 7 Spin Update Fails

(Topic created: 02-08-2021 09:06 AM)
user7qa9Gii0XR
Constellation
Options
Computers

My Samsung Update has not worked for at least 8 months. Selecting Update displays the following message:  "Windows 10 recommends using Samsung Update from the Microsoft Store. Please open the application." 

I've tried this but it fails.

0 Likes
8 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Which software version do you currently have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user7qa9Gii0XR
Constellation
Options
Computers

I don't know which version because the update window does not show any options as before. The Update file was last updated May 2020.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
delete the folder named
software distribution
run update
0 Likes
user7qa9Gii0XR
Constellation
Options
Computers

I deleted the folder (it was empty) but it still fails to run. I eventually get to a window for downloading drivers and a popup window stating this model can be supported through a Windows 10 update, however, Windows is up to date.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user7qa9Gii0XR
Constellation
Options
Computers
Where do I go to send a private message? That link just returns me to this page.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

If that doesn't work, you can click on my name and will give you the option to send me a private message.  

0 Likes
user7qa9Gii0XR
Constellation
Options
Computers

I sent a private message with the info requested earlier today.

0 Likes