JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flip 5 - Streaming music pauses within minutes, both on data and WiFi

(Topic created: 09-28-2023 05:30 PM)
userSuQS3N65h8
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have tested this on both mobile data and WiFi and the same thing happens on both. When streaming music, whether the screen is open or closed, the music will pause within 3 minutes (doesn't seem to be at exactly the same amount of time each time it happens). When I turn the cover screen on or open the phone, the app will show, in place of a play button, a small loading symbol (a circle outline turning). Within a second or two of turning the phone on, it will begin to play again, similar to the way music apps react when they are buffering.

I have removed every battery and data saving setting, app specific and general. I have run phone diagnostics. I have tested this on both mobile data with a strong signal (with the phone sitting still and while traveling) and on WiFi, which means it's not an issue with my carrier. I have tried this with both Tidal and YouTube Music. 

Super frustrating. Hopefully someone has an idea...
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSuQS3N65h8
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've got an update that worked for me. I uninstalled my music app and reinstalled it. Then went to settings>battery and device care>battery>background usage limits>never sleeping apps, and added it to the list. It hasn't had the issue in days. Seems crazy that you have to do that but it worked for me. I don't think it's a fold thing. I think it's a Samsung thing.

View solution in context

2 Replies
userwKb5vgRqcK
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have the same problem with the fold. Also I have done all of the data saver removal steps and battery tricks too. It super frustrating.
0 Likes
Solution
userSuQS3N65h8
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've got an update that worked for me. I uninstalled my music app and reinstalled it. Then went to settings>battery and device care>battery>background usage limits>never sleeping apps, and added it to the list. It hasn't had the issue in days. Seems crazy that you have to do that but it worked for me. I don't think it's a fold thing. I think it's a Samsung thing.