JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Swipe Navigation Bar/ AndroidAuto

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 11:49 AM)
GTRO
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've been having the same two issues with each device I upgrade to.
1. The swipe Navigation Bar is missing one of the options, to swipe up from the bottom as though there are the 3 navigation buttons instead of just the middle. 
2. Everytime I use Android Auto and I mean EVERY TIME I have to "Allow" my device to connect to the same car I drive daily. 
Anyone know how to solve these two?
6 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi! The option of three swipe-up gestures is no longer available in the new updated softwares.

As for the Android Auto issue, is your phone asking you to allow or is the car asking to allow?

0 Likes
GTRO
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Is the three swipe up gesture discontinued?
The phone is.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello GTRO, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it is to have to "allow" the connection to Android Auto each time you connect.

Try these steps: 

1. Open phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Android Auto > Storage > Clear cache and clear data
  2. Open phone Settings > Apps & notifications > Android Auto > Permissions > Toggle on all permissions
  3. Reboot phone.

You can find the available features for swipe navigation here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Fold-Flip-Phones/Three-swipe-gestures-gone/m-p/2881539

Let us know if this helps.

GTRO
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you! The gesture navigation works now.
I'm still having trouble with Android Auto after a few tries of the solution you provided.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey GTRO, Thanks for following up! We are happy to hear you were able to get gesture navigation corrected. 

Thank you for also confirming all permissions are allowed for Android Auto. Try the steps again, only this time also clear the cache for Google Play Services. Then reboot the phone, and test Android Auto again.

Have you also checked that the system in the automobile is updated?

0 Likes
GTRO
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This seems to have worked so far. Thank you!