In ear detection not Functioning?

(Topic created: 06-27-2022 09:41 AM)
ayhamo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

so i have new buds 2 a week ago but it seems i'am facing a very weird issue,

when i open the case, and it connects to my phone, i hear no audio from both phone speaker and buds.

also, when i remove both of the buds from my ear, and continue the video, it does not switch to phone speaker, but rather stays connected to the buds and i can hear audio thought it ( audio is loud ),

and if i try putting them in charing case , i hear no audio, as in above

the buds does pause the video as expected, but does not switch the audio output

i did this test with youtube, chrome and some vidoes from gallery

is that what is supposed to happen? or is there an issue/wrong setting?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for following up. In order for the audio to divert from the buds to the phone speaker, the buds will have to be disconnected. You can disconnect the buds by putting both buds in the Galaxy Buds case with the case closed or manually disconnecting them from the Bluetooth in your settings.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your in-ear detection not functioning properly and would be happy to look into this further for you. Galaxy Buds in-ear detection allows you to automatically pause music playback when you take them out of your ears and resume playback when you put them back in. You can also use the in-ear detection for when you’re making and receiving phone calls, enabling you to transfer the call to your phone's speaker instead of having to manually toggle your Bluetooth off and on. Read on to find out how to enable and use this feature. Give this link a try to make sure the in ear detection feature is properly turned on in your settings: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-in-ear-or-wear-detection-on-galaxy-buds...

0 Likes
ayhamo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

i have tested the earbuds in ear detection with calls, and it does work as the audio path that is in the given link, and for video-music playing, it does pause the music.

BUT , isn't it suppose to switch to phone speaker when both earbuds are removed from my ear? as well as pausing the video?

my issue is that when i do remove them, and resume the video, audio can only be heared from earbuds ( loud audio ) .

and same when opening just the case ( both earbuds in case) , they get connected to my phone, but when i play anything, music-video in no where to be heared ( no audio from phone speaker or buds )

could you confirm with me this action?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. The Galaxy Buds will auto-connect for audio as long as the case is open. So the music won't transfer over to the phone's speaker while the case remains open as opening the case is what pairs the buds to your wearables app. In order for the audio to transfer back to the phone's speakers the Galaxy Buds case must be closed.

0 Likes
ayhamo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

Thanks for the input!

is the same case when both earbuds are removed from ear and audio is resumed for audio to play though the buds and not though phone speakers?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for following up. In order for the audio to divert from the buds to the phone speaker, the buds will have to be disconnected. You can disconnect the buds by putting both buds in the Galaxy Buds case with the case closed or manually disconnecting them from the Bluetooth in your settings.

0 Likes