JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using as a desktop replacement

(Topic created: 03-25-2022 09:30 AM)
useruS1IDrK5nR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have both a Fold Z 3 and a S22 (both purchased on 3/11 from Verizon) and I want to use them as a PC replacement. I am confused as to what to do as when I look up a docking station, they only show for laptops and tablets, and DeX says it is built in but how do I connect USB devices? I look up actual DeX devices (station and pad) and they show they are only for Note 8/9/10. I need help determining what I need to get. Monitor, cables and what will give me the ability to attach USB and possible other memory cards.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Suggest going on YouTube and searching 'Fold Z 3 Dex' and S22 Dex'.

I have used my s10+ 1TB to connect to a hotel TV via a USB-C/HDMI cable and used the phone to navigate through DEX, but I could have easily attached a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.

Since then I now use Microsoft's Your Phone Companion to access my phone from my PC or laptop.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Suggest going on YouTube and searching 'Fold Z 3 Dex' and S22 Dex'.

I have used my s10+ 1TB to connect to a hotel TV via a USB-C/HDMI cable and used the phone to navigate through DEX, but I could have easily attached a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.

Since then I now use Microsoft's Your Phone Companion to access my phone from my PC or laptop.
useruS1IDrK5nR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you! First video was exactly what I was looking for.