JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black dot when using camera

(Topic created: 04-28-2021 10:22 AM)
userumc5y1GvD5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have recently noticed a black dot on all my pictures. Its not dust, Already checked and cleaned. The dot looks like a small face icon when enlarged. If in the video app, the dot moves differently than the screen. It looks this appeared after the latest update only, Any idea how to remove this beside factory reset ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If this is something introduced after one of the recent updates try a partition cache clear. It's good at clearing out the bugs they sometimes bring and you don't have to back up your data or risk losing it like with a factory reset.
Since this is a forum for any Galaxy Note you will have to look up your specific device. Just Google Partition Cache clear for "insert your device name".

View solution in context

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userumc5y1GvD5 

Please post an example. 

0 Likes
userumc5y1GvD5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Capture d’écran 2021-04-28 144757.png

 

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That looks like something on your camera lense from the inside.

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a Samsung Experience Store to have them run diagnostics on your device and possibly have your Camera repaired or replaced. I would recommend that you back up your data before coming in.  If you do not live near a Samsung Experience Store you can contact a local Ubreakifix store. Ubreakifix is officially authorized to work on and repair Samsung devices as well as use official Samsung parts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userumc5y1GvD5 

Do you get the same if you use a different camera lens? 

0 Likes
userumc5y1GvD5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If I close up, no black dot. If I zoom out, black dot goes away for a few seconds then come back. If I do a panoramic, no black dot, on video the black dot is here. I tried with Camera V, its even worse, there are not one but 3 dots, one is fixed, two smaller ones move around the first one before joining it after a few seconds ! Another strange thinkg is that the phone asks me for permission everytime I open the Gallery app, even though when checking it, permissions are all on the allow position ! I really think this is caused by the latest update , but as you know, I have no way to return to a previous version. As for answers like "You can go to a store and have it check" , or "Do a factory reset" <edit> so quiet frankly, after years with Samsung products (Edge7, Note 8, Note 10, Tab S2, S3, S6, Buds, Watches 1 and 2, Numerous TV's, Smarthings, Galaxy Flex I7 10th gen, about 10 SSDs and Nvme's , etc...) I do believe their quality as well as support is going down.

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you had a repair done from from 1800 Samsung or a Samsung Experience Store prior on your back glass like you just stated and now this is happening. I would return to that store and tell them that the technicians got debris in your lenses. Your repair cost will be 100% be covered for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Solution
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If this is something introduced after one of the recent updates try a partition cache clear. It's good at clearing out the bugs they sometimes bring and you don't have to back up your data or risk losing it like with a factory reset.
Since this is a forum for any Galaxy Note you will have to look up your specific device. Just Google Partition Cache clear for "insert your device name".
userumc5y1GvD5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Saddly did not work. But thanks a lot, I know now how to empty my cache ! 🙂

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Id suggest making an appointment at a Samsung Experience Store and have diagnostics or a repair done on your Device. If this is software related it may be remedied without a physical repair. If you don't have a Samsung Experience store near you you can find a local Ubreakifix store or call 1800 Samsung and mail in your device for a repair.