Original topic:

Connection issues after 9.0 software update

(Topic created: 04-03-2020 06:46 AM)
userJvYO20onhO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I recently did an update to the software on my phone to the 9.0 version. Every since then I am having connection issues. If my MMS is working then my mobile data will not work. On the flipside if my mobile data is working then my MMS does not work. I keep having to switch my APN to make which ever one work that I need at that moment. I have contacted my carrier (Total Wireless/Verizon) several times. After the fifth time of calling and them not being able to resolve the issue, they said it was a Samsung issue. Is there an issue on the Samsung side or do I need to contact my carrier again. The APN for my mobile data to work is TRACFONE.VZWENTP the APN for my MMS to work is vzwinternet. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
7 Replies
Solution
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey @userJvYO20onhO ,

If the features work at all that its most likely not the phone the fact that the data works as well as the mms messaging though not at the same time tells me it's an instruction issue between the carrier and the device.  Here are some apn settings that you can try.

Verified Setting:

• APN Name- Verizon Internet
  • APN- TRACFONE.VZWENTP
  • MMSC- https://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
  • MCC-311
  • MNC-480
  • APN Type- default,dun,supl
  • APN Roaming Protocol- IPv4/IPv6
  • Bearer-GPRS, eHRPD, HSUPA, HSDPA, HSPA, LTE, UMTS, EDGE
  • MVNO Type- None

Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy:

• APN Name-Total Wireless
  • APN- TRACFONE.VZWENTP
  • MCC-311
  • MNC-480
  • APN Type- default,mms
  • APN Protocol- IPv4

Alternate 1:

• APN Name

Total Wireless

• APNTRACFONE.VZWENTP
  • MMSChttps://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
  • MCC311
  • MNC480
  • APN Typedefault,supl
    APN ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
    APN Roaming ProtocolIPv4/IPv6
    BearerUnspecifed
    MVNO TypeNone

Alternate 2:

Alternate 3:

I know it is a lot but hopefully one of these will work for you.  Contacting the carrier and asking them to reprovision your device is also an option.  If this was helpful please leave a like and make accept as a solution.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

userJvYO20onhO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That was VERY HELPFUL! Option 2 seems to have worked for me. Between 2 days, I spent over 5 hours on hold with no one even saying a single word to me. That doesn't count the hours spent actually talking with representatives. You fixed my issue within minutes! Thank you so much.

0 Likes
ddsanchez_82
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userJvYO20onhO ,

I am so glad I was able to help.  If you have any other questions you know you have a whole community for support.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

0 Likes
userl6zkToVx6v
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recently switched from verizon to total wireless and using my verizon samsung note 9 and did the bring your own phone plan. I also did option 2 like you had done. the only issue I have is I cant turn on my mobile hotspot. Everything works as far as phone calls, text, mms, data. It wont let me turn the hotspot on. I currently have a plan that has 10GB of hotspot so that is not an issue. Does your hotspot work? Did you have to change anything to get it to work by chance?

0 Likes
userXI3E4frSdO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey ddsanchez_82, after 3 days, 3 + hours with t support, they couldn't resolved my MMS issue, I even mentioned the APN she said I was out of my data, it's unlimited. When I was disconnected the last call, I found this site. Alternate 2 worked for me .It's been over a week and no more frustration.Thxs so much for your knowledge; you're an asset to the community. 

Regards, Ms Bob

0 Likes
Samsung_g6FN6JX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's been happening to my phone since the update

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes