JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 08-11-2019 07:27 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
VinayPrasad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I didn't tried your exact solution but it gave me a way to solve it . I was not able to think that my internet connection has to do anything with the imap/smtp authorization.

My issue resolved by switching from my current wifi to data connection. I haven't switched back to my wifi yet but for now I was able to atleast log in in my Samsung M30s using my office id(IMAP).

Thanks 

0 Likes
DzdqOso
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you! Thank you! It went away and will hopefully never return!

userCoThawYtGR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried this and am still receiving that annoying pop up. At first I thought I had malware but security scan says I'm good. How can I fix this!?!

@MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for that information. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqsGmdiNLt3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

To anyone who tried resetting the network connections but still got the "could not connect to server" message, try uninstalling SmartSwitch. I just did that after trying everything else, and it stopped immediately. It looked like SmartSwitch was somehow still trying to transfer files. Very weird. It can always be installed again later if needed.

Good luck!

userRBqnlQhUvQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This isnt working on my ATT note 9 .. we paid 1100 for this 1 tb special edition phone and even a complete reset didnt fix . 

Please come out with a patch soon...

Jayson  note 9 

Everytime I use any messaging programs with or without wifi.. its extremely bad

g7755725
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I agree

KkqoPfc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can't get my house wifi

0 Likes
zc60q5N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried resetting networks, wiping cache partition, uninstalled smart switch..basically everything I've seen suggested and nothing has worked. Samsung chat was no help other than to tell me to factory reset and ATT tried but told me it was reported across multiple carriers and seemed to be a samsung issue

Samsung_IlC4FUc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've tried all these solutions and then some. Even went so far as to speak to HUMANS(ewww)  at Samsung (who directed me to At&T) and AT&T (who were worse than useless) and nothing helps. This is driving me bonkers.  Smiley Sad 

/sigh

0 Likes