JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dexcom G6 CGM Compatibility with Note10 models

(Topic created: 02-12-2020 07:19 PM)
jeanieswan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Now that the Note 10/10+ models are out, where does the issue of compatibility lie?  Are Samsung and Dexcom collaborating for keeping compatibility up to date?

Continuous Glucose Monitors are critical technology for individuals with Diabetes of any type and the importance of being able to see current measurements on our devices is very important for managing this medical condition.

12 Replies
user8CkU0rtFJd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The dexcom g6 app is not supported yet. Ive tried build your own apps and xdrip with no luck. Called dexcom about this and there is no timeline of completion.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So simply will not fill prescription for sensors. xDrip cannot connect either.  I guess Note 10 users do not matter to Dexcom. 

user7QyUgR0YZ8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was able to get xDrip to work on my Note 10.  It wasn't easy though.  I had to wait until it was time to use a new sensor.  Delete the Dexcom App from the Note 10 and any other phone around that has it.  Turn off the Dexcom Receiver as well if you are still using it.  Start with a new sensor.  Use XDrip to start the new sensor.  After the 2 hour warm up time, it will say that it is still warming up.  At this point, restart your phone.  It should ask for a calibration.  After putting 1 calibration, it should start sending you a number.  If that doesn't work, in the Settings Menu, under G5/G6 Debug Settings, uncheck the Use the OB1 Collector box.  Keep checking the xDrip Event Error log to see what's going on.  I found all this out through trial and error and searching through countless xDrip Forums.  Hopefully it'll work out for everyone else too.  I actually like xDrip better than the Dexcom App.  It's just way more confusing.

0 Likes
userGsIFf9YUDw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Kinda stinks. I have my first shipment coming and I cant even use my phone.  If you don't have an iPhone I guess you don't matter to them.

0 Likes
dcortez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

search reddit for: Build Your Own Dexcom App update- bugfixes and base version updates. read the thread and decide if this works for you.  i'm using with my Note 10+ and Dexcom G6.  

0 Likes
Chaimwax
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried that. It worked for about 1 minute. It showed a reading then lost the signal. 2 hours later it showed a reading again for 2 minutes. I have up and deleted it yet again

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Now can connect.  Dexcom says it's compatible. I haven't been able to pair, but all says it should connect. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@gravity2021energy Are you getting any errors messages when trying to connect?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
jeanieswan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As of the last update, I've been able to use my Note 10+ successfully with the Dexcom G6 application, paired with my transmitter/sensor.