Solved! Go to Solution.
I recommend trying to clear the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
If this step doesn't work you will need to get in contact with the developer of the app. You will be able to find their contact information in the google play store.
all the permission settings are allowed for dual messenger? have you tried to uninstall dual messenger and add it again?
submit an error report via samsung members app if you think it's a software issue with dual messenger feature.
I am having exactly the same issue with my dual Whatsapp. The normal WhatsApp can open attachments fine but the dual Whatsapp gives the message: "This file could not be accessed. Check your connection or make the filename shorter". It won't only not open PDF but any other attachment.
I think the above poster only tested with normal Whatsapp and not with dual.
Is anyone else having this issue? Can't believe there are only 2 of us? Please help.
BTW, I am using a S10E
i'm facing this exact same problem.
I fixed my issue via these steps:
1. Back up your whatsapp dual data
2. Uninstall it from the samsung settings (disable dual messenger option)
3. Re install the whatsapp dual
4. Restore your data.
This worked for me for a total of 12 minutes. Now its the same.
The issues I'm facing are:
1. Unable to download PDF (try saving the file on the device and then opening it.)
2. Gallery Whatsapp folder missing
3. Cannot use whatsapp camera
4. Cannot mark on photos (File format not supported)
5. cannot share screenshots (Format not supported)
Samsung really needs to come up with a solution for this. I'm facing this issue for over 2 months now. My work whatsapp is in ruins.
Same issue for me too after the software update. Dual WhatsApp is useless now in my S10+. Can't even take any pictures or open a document file. Please fix this issue ASAP.