I have the note 9, I have the accoutns set up of work and personnal phone numbers and contacts etc. all that seems to work as it should.
however I am unable to edit, add additioanl phone numbers to contact that I have either transferred during the initial setup/data transfer, and I am unable to edit the contacts if I add it directly to the phone.
when I add a contact the message asks save to contact ?
samsung;( allows edit)
Phone;( I dont use this to save)
personal;( doesnt allows edit)
work;( doesnt allows edit)
google (allows edit)
with the personal and work, there are only 3 fields which can not be edited;
1) Name (character limited)
2) phone number (only one)
I want to add additional detial of numbers, company detials etc, except there is no way I am able to find the + button after pressing "edit".
this is only on the two accounts work & personal. otherwise it forces me to save everything to google account which of course provides ability to edit.
can you please assist with how I am able to edit my personal and work as I need.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Are you trying to edit your contacts from the phone app, or from the contacts app? If you open the phone app and can't get to the edit portion, look in the app drawer for the contact app. That should get you full access to contacts for editing.
Thanks Brad for the reply, I have tried both from phone app and the contacts app. I have provided screen shots (at the bottom of the reply) for anyone that can assist with a solution or explain how.
1) is a screen shot from the contacts app (app draw);
a) The same option is availble from the phone app if I am trying to add a contact;
2) is a screen shot of the available fields, from both phone and contact app.
a) noting that if I select personal or work from the "save contact to" screen I only ever have this limited field option, Name, phone, e-mail;
b) I am unable to add ( there is no where to click +) for extra field to include additioanl numbers, company details etc.;
3) is trying the same thing from an existing contact already in teh phone, under my personal contacts;
If I am use the gmail or samsung "save contact to" then I have the ability to + more contact details of numbers, company etc.
surley that has to be away and that answer is I have no choice but to use the samsung/gmail accounts.
any further suggestion to a solution will be greatly appreciated.
Ok, your screen shots didn't make it through on my end. So if I ask stupid questions, please forgive me. On mine, going through the contacts app, I'm going to start with a preexisting entry. My entry for AT&T Service calls. When I click, I get just the name and phone number.
- I click edit I get a few entries more. Name (since on this one, its a company) Job title, a spot to add additional phone numbers, Email addresses, and groups that I can assign it to. Each entry, I can add additional entries, such as multiple emails, numbers...
- If I scroll down a bit, I see View More. I get the ability to add names, nicknames*, Phonetic names, job titles, again, more numbers, emails, groups, addresses, dates, Relationships, Notes, Web Addresses, Messenger Accounts, ringtones and Vibration patters. (Unable to assign specific text message tones. That was taken away when Oreo came out and I'm STILL hollering about that one.)
- Each Entry, for example Groups, comes up with a list of generic entries. Emergency contacts, Coworkers... and an option to Create one specific to your needs by clicking on the "+" sign. For example, you can enter multiple addresses for your contacts. Office, Warehouse, distribution center....
- I can customize the photo by simply clicking on the circle at the top and either adding a photo from my file, or taking a photo at that time.
Each entry can be customized for your needs. Catagories, specifics, total information. Now I gotta point out that this is what I have on AT&T using Baseband build CSC1 that came out a few weeks ago.
* I tagged this one because this makes a great joke possibility. Buddy of mine, I tagged with the Nickname of D***head in my contacts list. We were sitting in the office with a bunch of co workers around. So I told them that I found something neat using "Ok Google". They were all curious, so I said "Ok Google" and the phone opened up. I said "Call D***head". Google Responded "Calling Philip V....... " and his phone started ringing. Makes a good icebreaker. LOL
Good joke 😁
Yrs I ended up contacting samsung support and they connected to my phone live. Showed me the set up of groups, now I just need to go through the 900 or so cibtscts and transfer over.
Thanks again for the detailed reply and support.