JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Extract text from Smart Select not working properly

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 09:29 PM)
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm new to a Note 10+ and I did a lasso around a section of a picture to extract some text. Worked three times, and now I just get gibberish. Not sure what to do. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20221102-135237_Samsung capture.jpg

4 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Occasionally it doesn't pick up the text correctly
0 Likes
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks for the input- this is even without using the S-Pen. It's like every time. Even with the first three that worked, they don't now.
0 Likes
Solution
ZaCloud
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Wow, if you flip the picture around, you can see that it can't decide which way to interpret the text. It's starting from the bottom/right for some reason, doing 1 or 2 sets of letters/numbers as if you're leaning your head to the right, then to the left. So some sequences are its attempt to get text from something it's seeing upside-down!

(Head tilted right) USA IN (head tilted left) heh yeah see how it thinks the D is an O, the W looks like M to it, SS, then the upside-down A is seen as a Y! 😂

So I say, try rotating the image so it's facing right-side-up, then try this again. You might have better luck! 😉

(Though this IS a legitimate complaint to submit as feedback to Samsung in the app; it should know better & be able to compensate for off-kilter text LOL.)
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That did the trick! Thanks!!!