Original topic:

Free Up RAM

(Topic created: 11-21-2019 08:33 PM)
Larry-Foulke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the 12Gb ram model note 10+. Whenever I go into device care, I can never get my ram space over 7gb. It's so weird because I have all this ram, but no matter how many apps I put to sleep, it never maxes out. Does anyone have tips?

3 Replies
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

And it never will. The OS and many phone functions continue to run, many apps run in the background, and some RAM is reserved for smoother overall device operation, so no matter what you do, you will never be able to free up the whole 12 gigs. And you don't really need to anyway, in fact, believe it or not, clearing your ram too often actually makes your phone feel slower at times, since you close a bunch of processes that will take longer to initiate when you need them, or just spend time and resources relaunching them.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Sutko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Exactly that is why you have 12gb so you don't need to close applications. More ram doesn't mean faster phone or wait in a way it does right? Let's say you have 30 apps open and 2gb available vs 2 apps open and 7 available phone will feel the same only difference is when you have 12 you have laxury to have lots of apps loaded in background and ready to go so that makes it faster smoother operation and your BATTERY life will be better if you leave them open.

0 Likes
Larry-Foulke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks. 7 is better than 4 right.

*Apple has left the chat*

0 Likes