Original topic:

How to delete a draft text message?

(Topic created: 12-14-2022 07:43 PM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Using Note10+, Windows 10.

I started keying in a text message, but now I've decided not to send it. I want to delete it, but it doesn't give any way to do that.
SCREENSHOT
Screenshot_20220405-184515_Messages[1].jpg

"Delete messages" is greyed out.

TIA for your help.
SweetTasha.

7 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go back into the message itself and just backspace over all the characters that were typed in originally.
0 Likes
fjk1
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
long press on message and press delete on bottom
userCcpFJgVeGB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@explorer - Thank you!!!

0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tap in the text field and backspace to the end. Say you accidentally tapped the space bar once, that would show up as a draft message
0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After I back out all the text, there still is no delete button. So the message is still not deleted.

0 Likes
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Some additional information that I didn't realize was relevant until now.

I have two messaging apps installed. One is the app that was pre-loaded on the Note10+. The other is the Google Messages App. Why two apps for messaging? The Google version enables me to send a text from my phone and it appears just like a text sent from my phone. For example, the first message I sent with Google from my PC was 653 characters! Now I'm finding that it won't permit me to delete that text message unless I make the Google app the default.

I suppose I can make Google the default and then change the pre-loaded back to the default. But if there is another way, I'd like to do it instead. Perhaps another way to ask the question might be "In general, is there a way to remove any app?"

TIA for your suggestions.
SweetTasha.

Solution
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Sorry for the late response. You can set google messages as the default, clear the message and then switch back to Samsung messages. Or just stick with Google messages. That's the only way I know of that should clear it. You might just want to use one or the other on a daily basis, since it can sometimes cause issues like that