Original topic:

Message Settings

(Topic created: 04-26-2019 01:38 PM)
Ladybug95
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey everyone,

I was looking at my message settings today and I noticed that one of my contacts is listed in my settings. Im not sure why it would be there but I cant remove it. My group conversation is disabled and I dont think that I have ever used it to send group messages. I deleted this persons contact information but it doesnt remove it, the phone number shows up instead. I have tried searching for information online but I havent had any luck. I took a screen shot of  my settings and attached it below. I cant figure out what is going on with this. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, can you tell me how to remove the contact from the message settings ? 

Thanks!

Notice the contact name under New MessagesNotice the contact name under New Messages

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ladybug95
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried changing the sound and clearing the cache with no luck. I did find the solution however. I deleted the SMS messages on my phone and it removed it. Apparently some of the messages were a part of a group text sent to me. I couldn't remove it since I wasn't the one who initiated it. The developer should have made this more clear with the option to remove myself from the group chat

View solution in context

6 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Was this person set as your ICE contact? Have you tried clearing the cache for the messages application?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userkzaP1eq0So
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try going into settings notifications sounds and then try changing the sound if that works try to put your sound of choice back good luck

Ginamch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I think that's the title of the sound you're using. 🤗

0 Likes
Solution
Ladybug95
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried changing the sound and clearing the cache with no luck. I did find the solution however. I deleted the SMS messages on my phone and it removed it. Apparently some of the messages were a part of a group text sent to me. I couldn't remove it since I wasn't the one who initiated it. The developer should have made this more clear with the option to remove myself from the group chat

Troubleshootu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That shows if you set a customized sound for that particular contact

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Open that contact and click the 3 dots in the top right corner then turn this off Screenshot_20190426-210433_Messages.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.