JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Missed Call Alert Notification - Missing - Note 10 Plus - Android 9 & 10

(Topic created: 02-11-2020 02:35 AM)
Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I Have just bought Samsung Note 10 plus but I found out when I missed a call, there's no notification nor alert to let me know.

How can I do this or resolve the problem?

I found out some other people experience the same issue but so far, I haven't come across any solution.

I bought my Note 10 plus with Androidn 9 and I have just upgraded it to Andoid 10 but the same issue continues.

Can someone advise on how to resolve this asap.

Thank you.

10 Replies
Samsung_SQ4BOXM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Down load an app called LED me know

0 Likes
Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you very much fr your response and help! 

However, I have tried it but it still did not work.

The 3 pictures attached are my 3 home lock screens whih should have shown the missed calls, but none of them show it. 

I have granted the app all permission requested during initial setup and installation but none of it resolved the problem.

Could there be any other solution? Samsung should be able to respond and fix this issue.

Can someone help me with link to lodge this compalin?

Kind regards.WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.32.49 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.32.49 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.33.26 PM.jpeg

Happy_Helper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Check your notification settings and check the permissions and how they show on your phone. Also consider turning on edge lighting. If you want a constant notification reminder there are apps out there for that.

0 Likes
Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you very much HH,

I have adjusted these setting but I noticed some of the buttons are grey which may mean they are not active somehow.

The pictures are below here:

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.48.50 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.47.56 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 3.45.40 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
Happy_Helper
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you checked your notification reminder settings? If this isn't on then these options won't be available for you to make changes to them. Like I have them turned off because I get a lot of notifications and dont need my phone just going off all day. However, if you really want these reminders go into the notification reminders setting and turn it on. You can then personalize what sends you reminders but it also has a missed call and messages option.

0 Likes
Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi HH,

Thank you so much for your help¬

However, none of these actually helps, I have even reset the phone but still luck.

I will keep checking until, I foud something or I may return it in exchange for another one.

Thank you and kind regards.

0 Likes
Solution
Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I Found a solution today; if you have this app installed on your phone remove it, it blocks your phone missed call notifications.

Prior to getting this, I took my phone to Samsung Support Centre and they did work on it. I don't know precisely what they did but I guess, they did factory reset, which I did myself. After this, it worked for a couple of hours, because at the time I had not installed the app. The following day, I noticed the missed call alert is not working again. So, I decided to remove 3rd party apps one after the orther but my mind was on the app constantly until I removed it. immediately, I tested my phone, missed call notification started showing, even till now. It feels like a miracle.

The app is CCleaner: Cache cleaner, Ram Cleaner, Booster by Piriform or similar app. The app for some reason interfare with phone motherboard and disables the phone call notice. During my investigation, I noticed the app catches the missed call notice and others selected notices and place it in probably a secure tray/folder to be cleaned up, and that's why I believe it does not allow the notification to show or stay on the phone.

Remove this and try your phone again and see if anything will happened.

Mark this as solution if this works for you.

Thanks.

Davelinne
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Missed Call Alert Notification Missing - Solved

I Found a solution today; if you have this app installed on your phone remove it, it blocks your phone missed call notifications.

Prior to getting this, I took my phone to Samsung Support Centre and they did work on it. I don't know precisely what they did but I guess, they did factory reset, which I did myself. After this, it worked for a couple of hours, because at the time I had not install the app. The following day, I noticed the missed call alert is not working again. So, I decided to remove 3rd party apps one after the orther but my mind was on the app constantly until I removed it. immediately, I tested my phone, missed call notification started showing, even till now. It feels like a miracle.

The app is CCleaner: Cache cleaner, Ram Cleaner, Booster by Piriform or similar app. The app for some reason interfare with phone motherboard and disables the phone call notice. During my investigation, I noticed the app cathces the missed call notice and place it in probably a secured tray to be cleaned up, and that's why I believe it does not allow the notification to show or stay on the phone.

Remove this and try your phone again and see if anything will happened.

Message me on your outscome.

0 Likes
userqTB6Vq80OX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Here is a solution from a Samsung representative 

Please try these steps to wipe your device cache partition. This won't delete any file on your device but only the software glitches. This can yield results similar to a factory reset without losing any personal data stored on the device’s internal memory. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.