Last night, my Note 9 suddenly stopped recognizing the s-pen even if it was inserted in the slot. I can still write on the phone and select objects, but it seems that all bluetooth functions such as air actions no longer work.
I've tried multiple solutions such as:
- Removing case
- Soft Reset
- Bluetooth Cache clearing
- S-pen reset function
- Toggle Air actions on/off
None of the solutions listed have worked. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem with their Note 9?
P. S. The s-pen is samsung official and I haven't gotten it wet or anything. Wondering if this is a manufacturing defect related to the pen's battery capacitor/Bluetooth sensor or maybe something fixable by software
Solved! Go to Solution.
Let's try testing the S Pen when your device is booted in safe mode.
This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.
Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!
If you are still experiencing the same issues in safe mode, please send a private message providing the full model code and IMEI number so I can look into other options available for you. http://bit.ly/2GGYul4