JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notebook Plus issues with SiMS CARD

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 06:58 AM)
userhZRPfthuhm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine & MY SON's Samsung Galaxy S10 Notebook Plus is turning off & saying "There's no SIM in your phone, so you can only make emergency calls" OK 

And I have to turn it back on & recall the person I was talking to...

It has done it to me in the past 2 weeks 8 times now... But it ... 

Happened 3 times today (It's SEPT 13th 2021) and the company "US CELLULAR" has NO resolve for it & told me to call SAMSUNG Company where I bought my cell phone & see if they have a RESOLVE for this issue! 

So does anybody else have this issue too & KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE IT or do I have to get another phone? 

4 Replies
DeborahW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am no tech person but my S9 does the same thing sometimes. My son uses the key to access the sim card. Take it out and clean it by blowing or dusting it off. Put it back in and it will stop giving that message.
0 Likes
userhZRPfthuhm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thanks. I'll try that ... I've taken out the Sims card but Never dusty or blown on it! It just did it again!!
0 Likes
Solution
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am no expert either, but my experience with sim cards taught me that just because it works some of the time doesn't mean that it is the right card for your particular phone. I would take it back to the phone company and just explain what you said and request that you would like to see if a other sim card makes a difference. Ensure that you only bring up the issue of one phone first and watch him or her swap the chip in front of you and not in the back where you can't tell if in fact it is being changed. Ensure the new chip works as advertised and then mention the other phone.
userGkl9Euhl2z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've had this issue for a week now. Most incoming or outgoing calls drop, I hear a few beeps, and then I get a message that reads, "There's no SIM in your phone, so you can only make emergency calls."

For reference, I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 with Boost Mobile. I've never had this issue before or any other issue with my SIM card. I contacted Boost today, and they told me that their towers in my area are working, my phone doesn't seem to have any issues, but they recommend that I power off my phone at least once a day.