Original topic:

Share Read Status

(Topic created: 08-11-2019 07:42 PM)
T_woods0927
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 recently got the July security patch update and ever since that update, my messages no longer show "delivered" or "read". Is it a glitch? I've restarted my phone and turned that particular feature off and back on...no use. Any other suggestions? Not a huge deal but was very handy considering I'm 8 months pregnant and my husband is 1000+ miles away.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't know about the other carriers since I'm with AT&T also.  But the latest update that AT&T passed down seems to have some... glitches involving messages and connections.  You aren't getting the read confirmations, I was getting a continuous error that said that it was "Unable to connect with Server" every 15 seconds after sending/recieving a text message.  Random stuff, but we haven't heard anything from any of the carriers about this bug.  I cleared the Cache partition, forced stopped the message app, tried Safe Mode, tried a 3rd party text message app and double checked all my settings again.  

What restored mine and got rid of the continuous error was to go to:

Settings > Connections > More Connections Settings > Reset network settings.  This will wipe out all your exterior connections.  Wifi and Bluetooth existing connections will be cleared.  So when and if you do that, you will need to have your wifi password close at hand and be prepared to reset all your bluetooth stuff.  

And there is no promise that this will fix the problem you have.  I do know that it did correct mine.  Something maybe to try.  

View solution in context

5 Replies
NBI
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Open Messages app on top right you'll see three dot tap on it and select settings in then tap on More Settings in there tap on Text Messages. In there you'll see Delivery Report make sure it is on. It also depends on your Carrier, the way the settings is. If it doesn't work can you also provide what Carrier device it is and what Carrier are you Using.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

0 Likes
T_woods0927
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have checked delivery report and it is on, I have never had any issues with it before the update. My carrier is AT&T and I've contacted them as well. So far no solution.

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't know about the other carriers since I'm with AT&T also.  But the latest update that AT&T passed down seems to have some... glitches involving messages and connections.  You aren't getting the read confirmations, I was getting a continuous error that said that it was "Unable to connect with Server" every 15 seconds after sending/recieving a text message.  Random stuff, but we haven't heard anything from any of the carriers about this bug.  I cleared the Cache partition, forced stopped the message app, tried Safe Mode, tried a 3rd party text message app and double checked all my settings again.  

What restored mine and got rid of the continuous error was to go to:

Settings > Connections > More Connections Settings > Reset network settings.  This will wipe out all your exterior connections.  Wifi and Bluetooth existing connections will be cleared.  So when and if you do that, you will need to have your wifi password close at hand and be prepared to reset all your bluetooth stuff.  

And there is no promise that this will fix the problem you have.  I do know that it did correct mine.  Something maybe to try.  

T_woods0927
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you so much Big-Bad-Brad! I reset my network settings and restarted my phone and it worked! You're an angel!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@T_woods0927 wrote:

Thank you so much Big-Bad-Brad! I reset my network settings and restarted my phone and it worked! You're an angel!

Shhhh... don't tell anyone that.. I have my reputation to consider.  LOL  And good luck on your impending delivery ma'am.  

0 Likes