JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switching from Phone App During Call

(Topic created: 09-23-2019 08:19 PM)
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Let's say I make a call.  While on the call, I need to look up something in another app on my phone.  So, I place the person on speaker phone, and then I use to be able (with the S10+) get to other apps.  But, with the Note 10+, I can't get it to switch away from the phone app.  I have tried swiping up from the bottom and various other tricks.  What gives?  Thanks much in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

When I am in a call, the button are always there. 

1) When it is start happening?  Maybe there is an app that you installed which takes control of phone app or navigation keys?  

2) Which carrier do you use?

3) Tried to wipe cache partition?

View solution in context

17 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Let's say I make a call.  While on the call, I need to look up something in another app on my phone.  So, I place the person on speaker phone, and then I use to be able (with the S10+) get to other apps.  But, with the Note 10+, I can't get it to switch away from the phone app.  I have tried swiping up from the bottom and various other tricks.  What gives?  Thanks much in advance.

I have Note10 and I can minimize phone app and go use some other app.  Don't you have a home button, that is what I tap

userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get it to show the home button, but nothing happens when I tap it.  Home button works fine when I am not on a call.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I can get it to show the home button, but nothing happens when I tap it.  Home button works fine when I am not on a call.

Tap and hold phone app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and clear data

0 Likes
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did this before, but just did again to be sure.  The result is the same.  Also, it doesn't matter if I switch to a different dialer app.  The operation is taken over during the call.  The screen looks the same during call no matter which dialer app I am using.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

I did this before, but just did again to be sure.  The result is the same.  Also, it doesn't matter if I switch to a different dialer app.  The operation is taken over during the call.  The screen looks the same during call no matter which dialer app I am using.

I hope you did try turning phone off and then back on...

Are you able to dial any phone #(any business place) and take screenshot?

userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sure.  Here it is....Screenshot_20190923-235746_CallApp Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

Sure.  Here it is....Screenshot_20190923-235746_CallApp Contacts.jpg

Are you using different/custom theme on your phone?

Also what is that phone icon in the status bar on the left?

0 Likes
userbd6euXf3eb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am not using a theme.  I believe that's the CallApp icon, one of the dialers I tried to use as a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbd6euXf3eb wrote:

I am not using a theme.  I believe that's the CallApp icon, one of the dialers I tried to use as a solution to this problem.

You are not using Navigation bar or buttons?  If you don't, try to change navigation bar option to show them

0 Likes