JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unique notifications for individual apps, gone in UI 5?

(Topic created: 12-03-2022 03:57 PM)
themandan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Downloaded the new update and cannot figure out if it's possible anymore, how I can change the notification for specific apps. I rely heavily on various audio notifications to prioritize my attention. Is the basic feature gone now?

I also had to turn of accidental touch protection because it became very hard and time consuming to unlock after this update.
9 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Shouldn't be. When you receive said notification, you should be able to long press and then tap details. From there, the app info page will open and you can navigate to the notification category from there.
themandan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The notification area for each app is what looks different now! Long pressing won't help either. I only have the option to silence or alert, no more customizing the noise, that I can findScreenshot_20221203_131900_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tap notification categories. You can change the tone there.
themandan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm pretty that's exactly where I USED TO be able to do this; however, since this new update, I can only toggle each notification category on/off (long press doesn't help either). Are you on the new UI5 as well, and can customize each notification category?
0 Likes
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Anything in the notification category with this gray line, can be customized. Screenshot_20221203_142117_Settings_1000000179_1670106077.jpg
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
ExampleScreenshot_20221203_142315_Settings_1000000180_1670106195.jpg
themandan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My goodness, thank you very much KennewickMan.

All of my random tests were on categories without that little grey line. And long presses on them dones nothing. I needed to simply tap on the name for only the ones with that little line. You are awesome 👍 thanks a bunch!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Anytime! Glad I was able to help!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's gone
0 Likes