JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blocking text messages that show an email address instead on a phone number

(Topic created on: 4/23/21 8:39 PM)
malletKAT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I’m using Android 9 on my Galaxy S8 phone.  Lately I’ve been receiving text message **bleep** and worse without an origin phone number but rather an email address as the source.  There is no way to block a text message sender through the Phone app except with via a valid telephone, and I cannot find any other way on the phone to block incoming text messages.  Does anyone a way I can block a text message that shows an email address instead of a phone number as the sending source?

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@malletKAT

Hey,

Text Messages received from an email address can only be blocked by our carrier. Most of the major carriers will be able to block them for us. Best option is to Call your carrier tech support and ask if they can block them for you. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@malletKAT

Hey,

Text Messages received from an email address can only be blocked by our carrier. Most of the major carriers will be able to block them for us. Best option is to Call your carrier tech support and ask if they can block them for you. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

0 Likes
malletKAT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. I was able to block through my mobile phone service provider. This issue should now be closed.

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@malletKAT

I'm glad to hear that. I blocked them last year and haven't received any since. Thanks for the reply.

CLF 

0 Likes