cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userP7Vx6sH9Gb
Asteroid

S7 screen recording problem, low quality!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there. I'm having trouble with My S7 when recorded game play. I've been using the "Game Tools" app that's in there by default. I have the resolution at "1080p (1920 X 1080) and Bitrate on "Auto", but it plays looking like it's 360 or worse. Also, it's inconsitent. Sometimes my videos look good. Other times they are very pixelated. This is all on MY phone, not after emailing the video or texting it. It's screen recorded video I just took that looks bad.

It was better prior to the update to 7.0. I don't know what changed. I am really happy to finally have game audio recorded internally and in full stereo, but the display quality is just horrible for a phone like this. It even made other screen recorders that I used to use record in poorer quality.

I've tried my screen resolution at all 3 settings (1280x720, 1920x1080 & 2560x1440) but I'm still getting inconsistent results.

What do I do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userP7Vx6sH9Gb
Asteroid

Re: S7 screen recording problem, low quality!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have no done some tests. I used the exact same part of the game for these tests just to be sure I was comparing apples to apples. I have the recording resolution and my screen resolution set to 1920 x 1080. The top 2 Bitrate options are "6Mfps" and "Auto (based on resolution)". Surprisingly, the 6Mfps was worse than Auto. The background looked 8-bit at times. Neither look the way 1080 or even 720 should.I like this apps ability to turn off samsung capacitive buttons, but the screen recorded needs work!

To compare, I downloaded the Mobizen Screen Recorder and used the exact same settings as with the Samsung app. It has an additional "Quality"setting that the Samsung app doesn't have. I used the max setting which is 12.0M.  My problem with Mobizen before was that the "record internal sound" feature wasn't working for me. Now it does! It mutes my sound when playing, but if I have to choose I want recorded audio to be best. The Mobizen video was better quality. Still a hair pixelated, but at least the grass looks like grass rather then green square blobs!

Thanks for the suggestions, it got me thinking.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you send the video you recorded, are you saying that it looks just fine, it's only when viewing it on your own device?

If that's not the case, you may want to try not setting the bitrate to auto, and maybe give it a consistent number. If the bitrate is adjusting in the middle of recordings, this would cause what would look like pixelation or fragmentation on the videos.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userP7Vx6sH9Gb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

The videos look poor on my device. I tried messing with Mfps before, but will give it another go. I will try with the frame rate back at 6 Mfps (max setting for this recorder). I will report back later, can't test it right now.

Just wondering, could RAM or something else be affecting things? Worst I've seen, Im using 2.8 of my 4 GB RAM when running the game.

Thanks for the reply!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Eh, it could....but the only way to test that would be to do a recording of a game you can find that doesn't utilize as much RAM.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userP7Vx6sH9Gb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have no done some tests. I used the exact same part of the game for these tests just to be sure I was comparing apples to apples. I have the recording resolution and my screen resolution set to 1920 x 1080. The top 2 Bitrate options are "6Mfps" and "Auto (based on resolution)". Surprisingly, the 6Mfps was worse than Auto. The background looked 8-bit at times. Neither look the way 1080 or even 720 should.I like this apps ability to turn off samsung capacitive buttons, but the screen recorded needs work!

To compare, I downloaded the Mobizen Screen Recorder and used the exact same settings as with the Samsung app. It has an additional "Quality"setting that the Samsung app doesn't have. I used the max setting which is 12.0M.  My problem with Mobizen before was that the "record internal sound" feature wasn't working for me. Now it does! It mutes my sound when playing, but if I have to choose I want recorded audio to be best. The Mobizen video was better quality. Still a hair pixelated, but at least the grass looks like grass rather then green square blobs!

Thanks for the suggestions, it got me thinking.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Always happy to help get the brain going! I've personally used Mobizen before, and had really amazing results with the higher quality setting. The only real difference is I wasn't recording, but streaming the feed. So bitrate did come into play here.