JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera Resolution Settings on S20+ Missing

(Topic created: 11-05-2022 07:04 PM)
ScorpionX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
It appears that the camera resolution settings have been removed on the S20+, degrading the quality of photos. Why would this option be removed? Really makes me not want to buy another Samsung device, as the high quality camera WAS my main reason for purchasing this phone!
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
So "what changed" when you noticed ?
ScorpionX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
You used to be able to change resolution settings. Now the option is gone.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Understood... but "what changed it" on your phone ... an update? an upgrade?
0 Likes
ScorpionX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure. Just noticed it. I know it was there before. Samsung chat support said it should be under settings, but it's not there anymore.
0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
They removed the different res options for the s20 shortly before the 21 was released, presumably to encourage people to upgrade. It was a really garbage thing to do to their customers. You can download the free Simple Camera app to get tons of res options.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.cameraScreenshot_20221105-210043_Camera_1_1000001280_1667700079.jpg
ScorpionX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
That doesn't make sense. My understanding is that the resolution options have been removed for the S21 and S22 also.
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Just telling you what happened shortly before the 21 came out. I have the s20 Ultra and complained about the same thing when it happened.
0 Likes
apkhuts
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I just checked, and I have the same phone, and they are also missing on mine. I'm not sure why, and if I lower my resolution, will it stay that way or can I change it back? It was most likely changed in the last Update , as I recall changing the settings a few weeks ago.

useryP1MFMXeZ4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Also realized this has been an issue for a while although I never carefully looked into it. Any helpful updates from Samsung that work?