JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble connecting to Nintendo Switch? Incorrect password

(Topic created: 02-18-2021 03:16 PM)
thefluxkid
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, all. Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

The Switch has a feature where I can scan a QR code and connect to it via my smart device to easily transfer photos and videos wirelessly. I recently upgraded from my Galaxy S8 to an S20. On my old phone, it worked perfectly fine, but on this new phone, whenever I try to connect to the Switch via the QR code, it tells me I have the wrong password. I even manually input the password and it still says it is wrong. I am able to connect any other regular Wi-Fi network without an issue.

I have also tried: - Restarting both devices - Connecting to the Switch with another smartphone (it worked) - Manually inputting all the network info (it didn't work) - Resetting all the network data on my phone, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

I just want to be able to connect to the Switch as I have in the past. Any help is appreciated!
7 Replies
Crystalrose63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem.

userqzo0HguhFp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem too, on my Samsung s20 fe. It worked only once, the very first time. Never again after that. 

Crystalrose63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
And the update didn't change anything
Kurr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I can't get it to work on my s20 fe 5g either.
ProfJermZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
fold2, and same here. Worked in note 9...
RobK02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I can't get it to work on my s20 fe. Tried on my PC and had the same problem.
0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I would make sure that your phone and apps are both up to date. Next, I would clear the cache partition on your phone. If those steps don't work I would recommend that you get in contact with Nintendo for further assistance. Here are the steps to clearing the cache partition on your phone. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.