JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps Panel Closes Automatically When Recent Apps List Changes

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 09:13 PM)
gleitz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This may be related to https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Error-with-the-side-panel/m-p/2044853 but I could not post on that thread.

When I open the Apps Panel it sometimes closes itself automatically. This is frustrating and I couldn't figure out why it decided to close. 

I am now able to reproduce it in a video. First I open an app that I haven't used in a while, then open the Panel - it will slide shut immediately. I then re-open the Panel and it stays open.

I do this 3 times in a row - first with the Koala app (which does not appear in the recent apps list the first time I open the panel, then it slides shut immediately. When I re-open the panel the recent app does show up). I repeat this with Shazam and finally with Time Buddy.

This is super annoying and pretty much destroys the usefulness of the panel. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people but they probably have a hard time describing why it happens and could not reproduce like I have here.

16 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

I would try Safe Mode just to make sure there isn't an app causing the panel to close. If the issue still persists, the next step would be a factory reset after backing everything up. Then if the panel continues to close after a reset, I would recommend a software reflash. This can be done at any local uBreakiFix location. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
gleitz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Is it possible that this is simply a bug with the Panel? How would I go about escalating this to Samsung for confirmation?

0 Likes
Solution
gleitz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Here is a response from the developer team. This was a software bug that will be fixed in an upcoming release.

In the future please do not be so quick to suggest a factory reset or software reflash. Sometimes reported issues are indeed bugs that require escalation to fix.SmartSelect_20211109-210747_Samsung Members_10689.jpg
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reporting back the information provided by our Engineering team from the error report you submitted. While I understand our engineering team provided this was a software bug, we are only able to provide the troubleshooting steps we have available for the symptoms you are experiencing. There may be deeper levels to the symptoms you are experiencing which would only be able to be resolved by our Engineering team. Unfortunately, certain information isn't able to be provided as it's internal information for a specific team. Glad to hear it will be fixed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to recovery and wipe cache partition

If not

Backup and reset settings
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

This is not a reported "known issue" with the panel. You are welcome to submit an error report via the Members app. https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-report-error-using-samsung-members-ap...

0 Likes
gleitz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I have submitted the issue using the Samsung Members app.

0 Likes