JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Locking Screen Rotation in One Position

(Topic created: 03-06-2021 10:39 AM)
FlyfishingJon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Just purchased a S21 5G. Is it possible for me to lock the screen rotation into one position?   Thanks 😊

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Pull down the notification drawer twice and it'll show 12 icons (maybe more or less - not sure about the S21 layout). There should be an icon that says "portrait" (a square with a lock in it). If not there, scroll right until you see it. You can long-press for more options.
FlyfishingJon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
so far, I have been able to do what you said. The icon was not there. Thanks very much.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@FlyfishingJon 

Yes, you can lock the screen in either Portrait or Landscape or have it rotate.  Pull down the quick menu twice to expose all the shortcuts.

If you screen is already locked in one position the icon will look like a pad lock and be labeled with the orientation, either Portrait or Landscape.

If your screen is currently able to rotate and you want to lock it in a specific orientation, turn the phone so that the screen is in the desired orientation and tap the icon.  That will lock the screen.

Below  is the Auto Rotate icon in all three variations depending on what you've selected.

autorotate.jpgportrait.jpglandscape.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
FlyfishingJon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
THANKS! We got it with your photos. Have a wonderful weekend 😀.
0 Likes