JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Repeat Message Notifications

(Topic created: 01-04-2022 05:52 AM)
DLynn_RN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone in here tech savvy, because I'm not? I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone. It keeps giving me notifications of new text messages for text messages that I have already read.......repeatedly! I have to go into my app settings and force stop the Messages app, just to get the notifications to stop. I then mark all as read and the process repeats itself within an hour. I have done any and all updates available on my phone, cleared my cache in the Messages app, and cleared the data storage in the Messages app. Anyone have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
this is what I see posted on at&t forums on this issue

Screenshot_20220107-165621_Chrome_15056_1641592581.jpg

View solution in context

5 Replies
Members_31hxyP3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same issue. I will get 50 notifications one after another of text messages I received up to a week ago. It will happen at 3 am or happens at 10 am. I have put my phone in airplane mode, looked for a system update, turned off and on and all these do is make the notifications go off again. 

userys5h9dEKXV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here, I've reported it several times and nothing has been fixed. I'm at the point of taking my phone to ATT and demanding they fix it or give me a new phone. I paid A LOT of money for this phone and expect it to function properly.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

Users on the AT&T forum, some have resolved it be turning off sms cloud sync service that is from AT&T.

0 Likes
Wutchutink
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
How do we turn the cloud sync back up service off. I tried and all I'm getting is a restart or not now button
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
this is what I see posted on at&t forums on this issue

Screenshot_20220107-165621_Chrome_15056_1641592581.jpg