JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ui update problems

(Topic created: 02-15-2023 07:46 AM)
That_Seven
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I cannot set a new custom ring tone. I can remove them. I have cleared cache partition via bootloader and within apps. Is there anything I'm missing?

Cover image
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@That_Seven I think you are long pressing a contact instead of just clicking a contact. Try this:

1. Open the contacts app
  2. Single click on the contact that you want to edit.
  3. Click the edit icon at the bottom of the screen. 
  4. Scroll down until you see Ringtone. If you don't see Ringtone, click View more at the bottom. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Gareee
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, it's still there. In contacts select edit, then more at the bottom, then ring tone. At the top right you'll see a plus sign to add a new one. (Took me a hot minute to find it as well.)
I really wish ringtone selection wasn't so deeply buried...its the #1 option we all edit in contacts.
0 Likes
That_Seven
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I do not have thoes options. Once i select edit it only gives me the ability to select contacts to either message, meet, share and delete all. Im trying to change my text notification but cant.
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@That_Seven I think you are long pressing a contact instead of just clicking a contact. Try this:

1. Open the contacts app
  2. Single click on the contact that you want to edit.
  3. Click the edit icon at the bottom of the screen. 
  4. Scroll down until you see Ringtone. If you don't see Ringtone, click View more at the bottom. 
That_Seven
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok thank you. So how do i change it for apps?
0 Likes