JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't copy text from a text message

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 01:07 PM)
user02OLUUJDki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello all. I have a new Samsung galaxy S22 that does not allow me to copy text from within a text message. When I press and hold I only receive the option to react to a message. I noticed that there are two different messaging options. One will let me copy text but doesn't offer reactions; the other offers reactions but won't let me copy text. Am I forced to choose one or the other? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Good afternoon, I hope you're doing well.

For me: when I press and hold the recieved message the ability to copy the message is appears at the top of your message thread it's a square icon that appears next to "selected"

Once you tap that little button, that will copy the text message.

I hope thos helps here's an example screenshot as a reference. Screenshot_20230213-155737_Messages_8509_1676325475.jpg

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Good afternoon, I hope you're doing well.

For me: when I press and hold the recieved message the ability to copy the message is appears at the top of your message thread it's a square icon that appears next to "selected"

Once you tap that little button, that will copy the text message.

I hope thos helps here's an example screenshot as a reference. Screenshot_20230213-155737_Messages_8509_1676325475.jpg
userUpBgnhITDQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

I have the same issue as well. However, when I press and hold I do not get that option. 

Any suggestions? 

d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Good afternoon, are you using Google Messages? It works only for the Google Messaging app, and you have to press and hold the boarder of the received message. Not in the middle of the message. It also is only for text messages so it will not work if you're trying to react to an MMS (pictures and videos recieved)
0 Likes
user02OLUUJDki
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
That worked! Thank you so very much! You have made my day!
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You're very welcome have a great evening
0 Likes
Lama
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Worked for me as well. Thank you sooooo much!!!!
I've had note phones until now that they decided not to make them anymore. S23 ULTRA is a bit different.