JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message won't send or receive on 2022 Tesla

(Topic created: 10-05-2022 07:39 PM)
Rinda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I cannot get my S22+ to send or receive messages on my new Tesla.  I have had someone with a S10 pair and was able to send and receive, an iPhone was able to send and receive.  Its not he car so it must be something with S22.  Looking for any advice.  I did reset the phone and the car several times, I am allowing messages through Bluetooth.  I can see my contacts, I can make calls, just no messages. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

YES!  I've been working all day on this.  I did another factory reset, got it to working and started loading one app at at time testing after every install and when I reinstalled the Samsung Email app, it stopped working.  Once I knew that was the bad app, I restored my entire phone from backup and deleted that app and now everything works fine....

View solution in context

16 Replies
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Same problem here.  I have a Galaxy S22 and just purchased a new 2022 Tesla Model 3.  Everything works except text messages will not sync with the car.  

youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

When you say you reset the phone, do you mean a factory reset to start over?  I was thinking about doing that next, but didn't want to go to the trouble, if that didn't fix your problem.  Thanks 

Rinda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Not factory reset yet. Trying to avoid that long process too. Hoping to find other solutions first.
0 Likes
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I finally had time to do a factory reset.  I tried again before restoring my phone and it worked.  YAY!  However, once I restored the phone from backup, the problem came back again.  I thought it might be a limit on number of text messages, since I had messages going back for 4 years, so I cleaned those up, but that didn't resolve it.  My guess now is that there may be an app that is conflicting.  I'm not sure yet how to identify it without starting over and loading apps 1 by 1, which doesn't sound like an exciting process.  I'm hopeful someone identified the issue soon.  

Rinda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Great information. Thanks.
0 Likes
youngtimj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The problem is the Samsung Email app.  Uninstalling that app has resolved the issue.  

Rinda
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you thank you thank you. It worked! I know you spent a lot of time on this and I am very appreciative and happy now. You're the best!
0 Likes
Furbal24
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

You are a stud and thank you!  Spent probably 30hrs trying to figure this out with no success.  Uninstalling the Samsung Email App fixed the problem:)

0 Likes
GuidoSarducci
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same issue! Also, sometimes if I hang up a call, the car stays on the call. Only way to end is to call someone else and hang up.