JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update the settings menu's

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 10:22 PM)
pbishop2010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Why is the settings menu have outdated info/ links for Privet share, if it does not exist anymore. It takes you to the set up private share page, then diverts to a popup saying it's discontinued and to update quick share. Which isn't true either as it's up to date. Buggy. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@pbishop2010 No mods required. 

1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Click on Support in lower right
  3. Click on Error reports
  4. Fill out the info and submit

View solution in context

6 Replies
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@pbishop2010 You can still Private share. After clicking the Share icon, click the 3 dots in upper right. Select Turn on Private sharing. 

0 Likes
pbishop2010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
No that's not the point. There used to be a separate app called Privet share. I understand it's now built into quick share. My problem is there are dead end settings that were not removed in last update. That try to take you to a dead app, then tell you "oops" use this instead. But instead of just taking you to quick share, that page is a dead end transfer as well. What needs to happen is, you search for it and it pops up "secure share, Privet share is not part of quick share, find the settings under secure share" and boom 14 menus in the settings go away.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22
You can report this to the developers using the Samsung Members app.
0 Likes
pbishop2010
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Cool. Do I ask a mod? is there a form that bypasses posting in the community? How do I go about that?
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S22

@pbishop2010 No mods required. 

1. Open the Samsung Members app
  2. Click on Support in lower right
  3. Click on Error reports
  4. Fill out the info and submit
pbishop2010