Original topic:

Files & Notes

(Topic created: 12-04-2023 01:12 PM)
Livingny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the S23 ultra phone. This one does something that the S22 ultra does not, when I open a file it's saving it in Notes. It's also still listed in my Files but I do not want my pdf files also showing up in my Notes! I don't see a way to turn that off. Anyone know how to prevent that from happening?

This is doubling my files in 2 places which I don't want but my Files & Notes are 2 different things for me, so do not want them combined. 
5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm aware that it's possible to open a pdf file in Notes (I've never done it). Are you using the Notes app to open pdf files? If so, I wonder if it's then automatically saving a copy in Notes?
0 Likes
Livingny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm in my files folder when I open a pdf file. I noticed though when I open my notes that any pdf I opened is now also saved there as well! It's also still in my File folder too! I can't find anything in settings about this. I save a lot of recipes into my Files folders like I have one folder for smoothies then another with food recipes etc. BUT when I open those pdfs then close them then open Samsung Notes everything I opened is now there too, cluttering up my notes. I delete them all but it keeps happening. FYI when I delete them from my Notes they are still there in my Files folders thank goodness. It's just saving an extra file elsewhere & I don't want all of that taking up space because they're all copies!
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
when you open the pdf, what is the program it's opening in? (Adobe?, Google pdf reader?, OneDrive?, Samsung Notes?)
0 Likes
Livingny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Maybe that's the problem. I go straight to the file & click in the pdf. I checked to see what was opening the pdf & it's Notes! I never set that as the default! I'm going to go into setting & see how to change that.
0 Likes
Livingny
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I had to reset all my apps to undo what was happening. Now I'm having to ok or not ok permissions for all my apps again...
0 Likes